Where do teachers get questions for exams? (1 Viewer)

wagig

HSC
Hey everyone,
What would be the most useful source of past questions to do for half yearly revision (graphs, complex no., conics, polynomials).
HSC? Random school trial exams?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Most teachers get questions from textbooks and/or past papers and change the values. Some may not even change the values, or have a very old textbook that they think students will be unlikely to have.

For half yearly revision, past papers (not HSC, school trial) is the best.

QZP

HSC
Most teachers get questions from textbooks and/or past papers and change the values. Some may not even change the values, or have a very old textbook that they think students will be unlikely to have.

For half yearly revision, past papers (not HSC, school trial) is the best.
Why not HSC papers?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why not HSC papers?
Many HSC questions are written and designed with the assumption that the students knows the entire 4U, 3U and 2U syllabus.

If you do MX2, it may require you to draw from knowledge learned in other topics. However, this is much less likely in school trial papers where the conics question will use ONLY conics, polynomials will use ONLY polynomials etc etc.

However HSC questions like to mish mash stuff together. Also, HSC questions tend to be more difficult generally.

Reactions: QZP

iStudent

HSC
my teacher definitely does this. He takes questions from coroneos and this other ancient textbook I forgot the name of. Just to add, he also takes his questions from overseas textbooks and past papers :(

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Dat moment when my teacher accidently uploads the paper on moodle two days before the assessment, thinking it was a past paper.

gg no re.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
HSC. 30% of my last 4U paper's marks was from HSC Questions exactly. But I hadnt done those questions since I had done trial questions. So finish HSC ques.

ebbygoo

HSC
Maths in focus chapter reviews are really good. They are the secret to how I got my b6.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Maths in focus chapter reviews are really good. They are the secret to how I got my b6.
Haha sure sure, have you progressed ahead in time or something? Your hsc is this year mate.

ebbygoo

HSC
Yuppppp. thats how i got my band 6
Like they are the best textbooks ever. I don't know how I could've done it without MIF.
The complexity of the questions; their thought provoking nature challenged me to put 101% into every exercise.
The chapter reviews were the icing on the cake.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
With so many papers online now, does it really matter if your teacher copies a question from a paper that is online?

If there were only a few online, I'd understand an objection to it. But there are now hundreds of them online - so that objection is now wearing a bit thin - and this constitutes thousands of questions. This is more questions than in any of the textbooks.

Is it even possible to finish all the online papers before your trial or HSC exam?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)