Where do you all get your resources? (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
internet data bases and then i find the books in big librarys...
e books are always helpful as well

depends on your subject matter mate, what are you doing?

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
Here's a good one from

Saul Landau, "Lessons from Vietnam" in Counterpunch -

http://www.counterpunch.org/landau05142005.html
Teachers will have shared the experience of trying to educate students who have not ingested their own history. Instead of inculcating historical context from first grade on, US students learn a kind of patriotic mythology disguised with words like "unbiased" as if along with critiques of US behavior in Vietnam or Iraq -- one had to present the good side of torture, mass murder and the napalming of villages. A Voice of America reporter sympathized with US historians who "have struggled for years to find a fair and balanced way to teach students about the Vietnam War - and the atrocities committed there by U.S. soldiers" (Maura Jane Farrelly, April 28, 2005 ). "Fair and balanced" sound discordant in the era of Fox News and CNN. Teachers should show students news clips of the inglorious US retreat from Saigon in April 1975. Military helicopters took off from the Embassy with desperate Vietnamese clients clinging to them and falling to the ground. The high school texts don't tell that story. Steve Jackson, an Indiana University of Pennsylvania Political Science professor, found that students in his Introduction to American Politics course "have little if any knowledge about the Vietnam War and its lessons. He finds that appalling, especially in light of the U.S.'s current involvement in Iraq." (Michael A. Fuoco, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette April 28, 2005).

HayleeKate

HSC
book exchanges, market stalls, cheap books and often get a few obscure ones,
otherwise libraries,
look at the bibliography and reference list of the best sources you have already, and then order in any books the authors give as their top sources in their refernce lists.. this way you know, if a professional historian uses it as their major source, obviously its worth it.
I dont know if your library orders in books for you or not, mine does, but thats through the Southern Cross Uni library network [from other campus's], because my school is on a shared SCU campus, suck up to your librarian and he/she will get stuff for you.

X

xeuyrawp

A good place is always University Libraries that have the cool databases- those always have lots of essays and scholarly journals.

Black Seed

HSC
N/A
Any particular Uni's?

I've been Sydney Uni, Macquarie's and is already running out time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)