Where do you reckon is the best suburb to live in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

rajputsingh

HSC
L said:
more like upper north shore amirite?

hahah no way mate lower northshore is waaaaaaaay better were so much closer to everything compared to you guys eg the beaches the city shopping malls its tje place to be

HSC
Manly - rep. Only thing is no trains HOWEVER this prevents some unsightly characters coming in. Have to love the lifestyle, dig it.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Lane Cove, Sydney, NSW- Fucking 10-20 mins to anywhere, buses to everywhere, heaps of shops, friendly people.
Unfortunately they took away the police station last year!

coopert

HSC
My top list is as follows

1. Point Piper
Woolsley Road, all the way. The Elite.

2. Rose Bay
By far, one of the prettiest and nicest looking suburbs in Sydney. The tree lined streets, the beautiful turquousie colour of the bay, and the friendly atmosphere make it my personal favourite. It is upper class, however residents are usually much more polite and helpful than say, Vaucluse (whom I found to be rude and aloof)

3. Kirribilli
Has one of the best views of everything, and although while at first the whole idea of living "North of the bridge" might sound offputting, it really is an incredibly convenient place to live. It also has a great 'village community' feel, and the people in general are much less pretentious than their Eastern Suburbs counterparts. If it's good enough for the PM, it's good enough for anybody

4. Bellevue Hill
A bit too close to Bondi Junction for my liking, but still a beautiful area. Still close to the city, however you do feel like you are worlds away from all of the hustle and bustle. It's in it's own little world all together. It's probably our closest equivalent to Beverly Hills (USA)

5. Vaucluse
A great description that I have read would be 'the closest thing you will get to a gated community without actually living in one'. Very establishment, but it's way too 'flashy' for me. If it were a car, it would be a brand new, shiny bright red Ferrari. It's also a little bit impractical, just in regards to the inaccesibility with Public Transport.

lulztastical

HSC
N/A
5. Vaucluse
A great description that I have read would be 'the closest thing you will get to a gated community without actually living in one'. Very establishment, but it's way too 'flashy' for me. If it were a car, it would be a brand new, shiny bright red Ferrari. It's also a little bit impractical, just in regards to the inaccesibility with Public Transport.

If you lived in Vaucluse you'd be travelling in your luxury german sedan not crying over the lack of public transport.

coopert

HSC
Vaucluse is upper class, but it's too crass and tacky; it's the 'Paris Hilton' of suburbs. Not my cup of tea.

Although those luxury sedans don't just drive themselves you know, one would need a cheuffuer. Preferably one of British descent, and who answers to the name 'Jeeves'..

Last edited:
HSC
for practicality reasons I say hurstville isnt too bad - i mean you arent too far away from sydney (25 mins on train), not too far from the shire if you dig that shit, south coast is only an hour away, western suburbs about an hour too.

the shops.. well they could be better i guess. the people.. well.. ditto -_-

though if you are after a community feel.. hurstville is not the place to be.. too many apartments being put up for anybody to really have neighbours they want to care about anymore :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)