Where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
And that doesn't defeat the fact that whites understand the sinister intentions of non-whites more than... ok i lost my train of thought.
the sinister intention of non whites to invade your society and understand it better than you...and then perpetuate the western society so that it can continue because people like you who proclaim to represent it never bother to actually learn about how it works and hence never actually participate in its advancement... other than to criticise those who ever attempt to erode the white primacy which only exists for the purpose of white primacy (ie to boost your ego) and slow down the economy by winging about people of other colour...thus slowing down western society because while everyone is working you are sitting still back 80 years winging about racial difference.

It's like people who come from posh schools and boast about how their school won head of the river 20 times. You are just a fool...it has nothing to do with you. Stop getting off on other peoples success.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
loquasagacious said:
I think it is deeply unfortunate that through no fault of his own Moonlight has presided over the decline of NCAP. The forum is structurally and proceeduraly (mod-wise) in the best shape its been. I fear that his ascension will have marked the beginning of the end and his abdication the end. Though I stress again I do not blame Moonlight - I think he's the best Mod on BoS. When he leaves I fear that we will be inundated by Spam yet not have the good threads that balance that out.
I guess it'll be up to McLake to ensure that that a future of spam is not the case.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Perhaps I would tender the idea that the weakness and sidelining of Federal Labor has disheartened many on the left to the extent that they withdraw from the political world and live in a commune with no internet (so they cant log on to NCAP).
Hahahhaha
I can imagine it.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Hahahhaha
I can imagine it.

OR perhaps if you can't beat them...joint them. Rot them from the inside. I'm just waiting for Bredan Nelson to pull off his Liberal jacket to show an ALP shirt underneath and go AH HAH! i GOTCHA!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Esp if it were a government senator.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
A defection would definately be exciting.

Nelson was an ALP member. Perhaps he is a long term ALP spy!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Sarah said:
With uni students, perhaps some of us this we're too old to be posting on an internet forum which is primarily aimed at those doing their hsc? That's just a suggestions.
Hmm I'm not sure if BoS is aimed at HSC-ers - certainly it has its inception there, however I would argue that the forums particularly are actually dominated by uni students (certainly post wise). And BoS afterall has its foundations in the universities of Sydney - especially UNSW.

NCAP I would say is probably the most 'mature' of the non tertiary forums the majority of posters being uni students.

If you want to talk politics in real life, perhaps join a club or society at uni? Try meeting new ppl with smilar interests?

But yeh i do agree it is difficult to find ppl who have an interest in politics are are willing to discuss, argue, debate etc about topics.

Oh wait, I just thought of a place for those interested in politics. Joining a political party would keep you constantly surrounded by those with involved and interested in politics.
The key of NCAP is in not knowing people, there being no barriers to entry and no need to congregate. Not talking in person removes a certain ammount of suger coating and misrepresentation. Clubs/Societies arn't open to anyone anytime - they are mostly organised along strict ideological lines. People join clubs they agree with the extent of their activities is having coffee together and saying "OMG Bush is teh suxor". Finally the internet holds a unique advantage we can partake in debates without needing a set time to debate without needing to be able to be somewhere etc etc.

As far a political discussion goes I've found political parties to be over-rated. Mostly they're driven top down and the interest is not in discussing but peddling the party line.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Haha the ALP's problems at the federal level is what kept me here earlier in the year! I needed somewhere to rant and rave about the toxic factions, after all :p.

On the topic of political parties, I will be joining the Dems soon, because I would prefer a sinking ship of some diversity to one that's dominated by hacks, social conservatives or environmentalists. However, I'll be doing so to be involved rather than for the debates, because within the modern Australian political party meaningful yet fiery debates aren't as common as they once were (the ALP is the best and most public example). We need forums such as this for debates of that nature, because people such as ourselves (mainstream) aren't likely to head off to a university political discussion because, even for someone such as myself, there is only so much marx that one can stand.

Edit: I agree with addymac (and I cannot believe that I left it out of the above paragraph) - anonymity is great.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Defection wise I'd love to see the Libs split, Imagine Turbull, Tripodi and a bunch of the other wets splitting off into their own party, merging with the democrats and creating a viable third party.....

More likely though the libs get jack of supporting the nats and tell them to take a long walk of a short plank.....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't mind the political discussion that occurs in my classes, but I can't imagine joining for instance the young libs. Tho I do want to get into doing mooting for legal.

More likely though the libs get jack of supporting the nats and tell them to take a long walk of a short plank.....
If the nats don't perform at the next election, the libs will probably get rid of them / absorb what's left of the party.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
What we need is a Sydney based, or Australian based, political forum where all matters can be discussed and moderated in the same way that is separate from BoS.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Some tutes are good - a good tute is up there with NCAP in the glory days.

Personally i'd prefer the nats became seperate and sidelined while they slowly died....

A wet liberal party would be interesting though potential to do well by robbing Liberals of wet voters, democrats of all voters, Greens of pragmatists and Labor of intelligensia. Would have good social credentials, good economic credentials (Turnbull), just need to bag someone for Foriegn affairs/trade who can talk suitably tough.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
loquasagacious said:
The key of NCAP is in not knowing people, there being no barriers to entry and no need to congregate. Not talking in person removes a certain ammount of suger coating and misrepresentation. Clubs/Societies arn't open to anyone anytime - they are mostly organised along strict ideological lines. People join clubs they agree with the extent of their activities is having coffee together and saying "OMG Bush is teh suxor". Finally the internet holds a unique advantage we can partake in debates without needing a set time to debate without needing to be able to be somewhere etc etc.

As far a political discussion goes I've found political parties to be over-rated. Mostly they're driven top down and the interest is not in discussing but peddling the party line.
Yeh i agree with what you said regarding the key of NCAP.

I was just offering offering a suggestion for NTB who made the remark of this being a place where you were surrounded by ppl around the same age, doing similar courses (uni) etc. I thought it might be useful if he/she wanted to meet ppl interested in politics outside this forum. :eek:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the kind words Deus and Addy, really. 'Tis appreciated. :cool:
Not-That-Bright said:
The only problem is this is currently the best / (only) place to talk politics with a bunch of people your age, doing the same things (basically) as you (other than in uni), so where does that leave those of us who love this sort of thing? To get over it and find a new hobbie?]
I also have that urge to discuss news, politics and just ideas in general with people who similarly share that desire -- and this is a great place to do it. With something like 80,000+ registered members it is a particularly large user group -- which means more opinions and more minds to contribute.

Writing also has many obvious advantages over oral conversation, including being able to formulate considered replies, go over exactly what was said, and to be able to sufficiently address everything. You also get to share your opinion with many more people who can come back and pick up what you said and use it, challenge it or whatever their inclination is.

loquasagacious said:
I think it is deeply unfortunate that through no fault of his own Moonlight has presided over the decline of NCAP. The forum is structurally and proceeduraly (mod-wise) in the best shape its been. I fear that his ascension will have marked the beginning of the end and his abdication the end. Though I stress again I do not blame Moonlight - I think he's the best Mod on BoS. When he leaves I fear that we will be inundated by Spam yet not have the good threads that balance that out.]
Maybe you will be inundated by Christians :)

Nothing against Christians :) In fact I have a crush on a Christian girl. But yes, I have had my fair share of biting them.

erawamai said:
Oh no one can drift away from the forum. I'm sure generator and others will stick around. No one ever leaves this place.
You make it sound like purgatory! I wonder which circle we are in?

Not-That-Bright said:
Maybe that's another reason why this thread has died down... has the government taking control of the senate and little sign of any real political change for the next 4 years made commentary much more boring?
lol blame Beazley I say. At least Latham was colourful.

Mathmite:
Anti-Mathmite said:
Oh, poleeeease!
Their entire foundation of wealth? They were nomads, and if whites had never came to Australia, if you think that Australia would not currently be like an African nation (a third world nation), then you are kiding yourself.
They were happy living off the land until we came along. After occupying the country we imposed our laws and society on them. In our society, land = wealth. Since we took their land, they had no wealth and therefore no social standing.
Anti-Mathmite said:
This is always one flaw in the left that I always win on: White man invaded the Aboriginals and stole their nation? What was the name of the nation that the whites stole? Australia? New Holland? It didn't have a name, because it wasn't a nation, it was Terra NULLIUS ("NO ONE" in the derogatory sense of the word).
Oh dear. You really are draining me with your Eurocentric bias Mathmite. I am going to bed. I leave you with this:
In particular terra nullius is a discriminatory denigration of Indigenous society which was considered 'so low in the scale of social organisation that their usages and conceptions of rights and duties are not to be reconciled with the institutions or the legal ideas of civilized society.
The indigenous peoples had their own laws, language, customs, religions and attachment to the land. Just because they did not have a name for the space the lived on, just because they did not conform to the European notions of land ownership, does not mean that they were not a society of people attached to the land with their own social order.
Anti-Mathmite said:
Is this a likely scenario? No, because Whites civilised more quickly and actually developed nations for themselves, as did every other type of human.

Aboriginals didn't because they were incapable. If they had not been interfered with by whites.. so that they were still a black nation today.. They would be like an African nation.. They were never anything to be wow'd at.
So in other words, whoever is the most powerful has the right to take whatever they want?

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Armani said:
What we need is a Sydney based, or Australian based, political forum where all matters can be discussed and moderated in the same way that is separate from BoS.
How would we get people on there though? And are you suggesting we create one?

Last edited:

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I'm looking up some free forums at the moment. However I feel no desire to administrate nor moderate one. Way too much responsibility for someone such as myself. :p

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
I also delete posts to save disk space on the server (even if it is a puney, almost immeasurable amount of data).

Why... How long is it before it is actually deleted off the server?
They don't, they stay there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)