Where does all the pressure come from?? (2 Viewers)

Where does all the pressure come from??

• Total voters

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
external pressure isn't always neccessarily bad like alot of u said its motivation... i started the thread cuz i was just interested what ppl think about the issue so i kept it open...

of course like alot of u said the best pressure is from ur self...

just a question...
does anyone here get pressured by others to RELAX a bit... and not take it too hard on yourself (the OTHER extreme)

have a good day~!

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
2opinion8d said:
just a question...
does anyone here get pressured by others to RELAX a bit... and not take it too hard on yourself (the OTHER extreme)
Everyone was like that with me, it drove me kinda crazy at the time and I kept insisting that i WAS relaxed (when i obviously wasn't haha) and getting more stressed. I was slightly nuts during my hsc :p

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Mostly parents and peers. Starting to ignore it and just concentrate on what i have to do. Hate it when all your peers expect you to do well, and when they beat u by a few marks and its like they won the frikin olympic or something.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
z600 said:
Hate it when all your peers expect you to do well, and when they beat u by a few marks and its like they won the frikin olympic or something.
Haha! Olympics... thats a classic!:rofl:

cupcake08

HSC
2opinion8d said:
just a question...
haha yes, it is actually my parents that do this. esp when i had glandular fever and my teachers made me do exams, so i went to the library and my mum rang my mobile and completely went psycho at me :eek:

mm yeah i agree most pressure comes from yourself. and probably friends as well, many of which are reaally competitive.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
z600 said:
Hate it when all your peers expect you to do well, and when they beat u by a few marks and its like they won the frikin olympic or something.
True that. :bomb:

And when you beat them you're all modest...

Last edited:

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I remain quite apathetic in that kind of situation.
student: (yells to soul serarcher from across classroom) whatchya get? whatchya get? whatchya get?

soulsearcher: umm... 95

student: (at this point starts hallucinating in paper bag) omg! omg! omg!

soulsearcher: (concerned) hey man are u alrite?

student: (at this point hallucinations seize and a wide grin spreads across face): ...I....I...I...

soulsearcher: (rolls eyes... oh brother)

complete the script!:)

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
There's no specific area I get pressured from, it just seems a general feeling in society that year 12 is the be all and end all.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
2opinion8d said:
student: (yells to soul serarcher from across classroom) whatchya get? whatchya get? whatchya get?

soulsearcher: umm... 95

student: (at this point starts hallucinating in paper bag) omg! omg! omg!

soulsearcher: (concerned) hey man are u alrite?

student: (at this point hallucinations seize and a wide grin spreads across face): ...I....I...I...

soulsearcher: (rolls eyes... oh brother)

complete the script!:)
In any case, my general reaction would be to not give a damn :)

jaaaaay

HSC
parents, relatives, friends... anyone who knows me >___<" i feel the pressure to aim high...

*sigh*

haha, btw you guys are hilarious...

HSC
pressure doesn't really affect me, which is why i become really complacent with my assignments ><

i always feel that i have enuf time, even when there is little, and it is a major downfall,

never leave ur assignments to the last minute, especially when u got llike 5 at once, u'll be dead afterwards :bomb:

BlackDragon

HSC
the pressure i had was mostly placed on myself because i hated doing badly and was quite embarresed if i did.

the pospinator said:
never leave ur assignments to the last minute, especially when u got llike 5 at once, u'll be dead afterwards :bomb:
however, i grew to be sick of the work, assessments and general school life so much that i almost did everything at the last minute. - I remember feeling that i couldn't go on in Week 2 of Term 1. My head was screaming, I was burnt out. But i got through the hell year and i did most things at the last minute, but i did very well assessment wise. My ranks were surprisingly excellent, but i still hated it. :-/

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Pressure - Myself, Parents, and Competition between Friends. I enjoy pressure sometimes :rofl: - I strive in it :D

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
2opinion8d said:
external pressure isn't always neccessarily bad like alot of u said its motivation... i started the thread cuz i was just interested what ppl think about the issue so i kept it open...

of course like alot of u said the best pressure is from ur self...

just a question...

have a good day~!

My parents are taking me to thailand just to force me to take a break.
Problem is, it's not that i'm always working...
its that im always procrastinating that i stress out about all thework that i'm not doing..
:(

Robbeh

HSC
IMHO - pressure stems from the belief that you must match your peers.
Parents, teachers, society are all peripheral but it's the egotism and self-indulgence which drives most students to the brink of extinction (ie. roof of a 30 story building).

Therefore, your friends/peers and how they perform, and the intrinsic desire for humans to fit in with the group lest yee be called a freak, excluded, ostracized - etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)