Where to get Japanese stuff (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Because Prussia is very not Russia?

Prussia was the dominant Germanic state, and the one against which France lost the Franco-Prussian war in the 1880s (or thereabouts), leading to the severe bad blood which caused the First World War. Honestly, don't you people read? :p

I think the best place to find an authentic Prussian officer's uniform would be...a European museum. :p

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
By the way, for those who are anime-addicted, most anime shops are located in the city, however if you are unable to find your desired anime, try d/ling it through the bittorrent network. I think I've heard most from boxtorrents.com or isohunt.com

snoopy05

HSC
downloading leads to insufficient funds for future media production (anime, music, movies)
so best support artist through YESASIA

www.yesasia.com

(why am i sounding like an advertising agent? )

P

pLuvia

man i went to kinokuniya the other day that place is MASSIVE but i couldnt find wakatta coursebook but i could find the workbook so strange i even asked the lady and she sed there was suppose to be 2 copies there. oh wellz i got my furigana LOL.. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
They'd probably been misplaced. I didn't see the Wakatta! course book when I went last week either (good memories).

P

pLuvia

Lexicographer said:
They'd probably been misplaced. I didn't see the Wakatta! course book when I went last week either (good memories).
is kinokuniya the cheapest place to buy wakatta?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Er...questions like "WHY?!?!?!" notwithstanding, I don't like your chances. You realise their milk is still just regular old cow milk, but subject to different national health treatment standards right?

Lain

HSC
pLuvia said:
is kinokuniya the cheapest place to buy wakatta?
If my memory is to be trusted... The Language Book centre above Abbey's Bookshop/store (near kino and the QVB) has 10% discount on language books if you are a student. (Or was it just discount on dictionaries?) They sell Wakatta textbook, workbooks and tapes, as well as Jap dictionaries and some other books.

rev-ise

HSC
Does a wakatta workbook, for $20 sound expensive, because i think that's what i paid ordering it through school.

rhia

salty
HSC
a late addition to this thread...

i recently purchased a few items from http://www.thejapanshop.net and am very satisfied with their excellent and personal customer service (if you had any qualms about ordering from over-seas on-line). indeed, highly recommended!

in addition, the japan book plaza is having a closing down sale with lots of specials, apparently, if anyone is interested in snapping up discounted items.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AJIKAN!! :D

Heard Fanclub yet mate? Its bloody amazing

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
AsyLum said:
AJIKAN!! :D

Heard Fanclub yet mate? Its bloody amazing
Cant say im a massive AKFG fan but ill give it a listen on ur recommendation...favourite song of theirs, Kimi to iu hana.

Btw, ne new good Jpop songs/acts out there? Havent been keepin up to date as much recently...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh, you should like the album, most of the album is a cracker :)

hmm, it seems like a revival of the jpop queens of late:

Hikki, Ayu, Namie, Koda, Nami all have new stuff around so :)

High and Mighty Color new album soon, by the sounds of things quite a good mix of heavy with Maaki's melodies

Ajikan's new album, absolute cracker

Tokyo Jihen - Adult is quite good, much more refined :)

Tomiko Van's solo album, Farewell is out, and its a lot more jazz/subdued/cool, very nice offering :)

Well thats what I've heard of lately, I'll probably get more when i get in touch with my friend in japan :)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Ayumi & Hikki's latest singles r pretty good, esp. Startin'/Born to be by Ayu.

Yeah ive listened to Tomiko's album, shes moved in a totally new direction from her DAI days...some nice songs on there but i still prefer the old Do As Infinity style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)