where to get UMAT preperation materials? (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
kido_1 said:
I personally think it is .... B ?

Why? Well outer square shape. It also must contain all elements, square triangle and diamond .
It is definetly not B, look at the comments in my spoiler and kloudsurfers comment.

Gosford

HSC
definately (a) i think
dont make me do any more umat questions
ive been there done that
gotta concetrate on hsc now!!!
:)

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
The question is quiet ambigous. You can interpret the patterns in a few different ways.

Gosford

HSC
yea
but no1 rule with section 3
has to be consistent
their r several patterns
but a) is the only one NOT breaking any rules (of the pattern given)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
kido_1 said:
The question is quiet ambigous. You can interpret the patterns in a few different ways.
It is not ambigous, just look at all the options and rule them out. It cannot be B if you look at all he factors surrounding the transformation of the example.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
B

im tossing up between A and B
but B would be symetrical :$
The answer is def B.

Yes all except A and B can almost be rulled out instantly. The answer is B as the pattern is white, black, white, black... thus the next triangle must be white follwed by black this leaves A and B. Looking at the entire pattern you notice the large black triangles are pointing upwards, where as the large white triangles are pointing downwards, following the given pattern you would expect a large black arrow pointing upwards to be the next shape in the pattern.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
You guys have done the UMAT, how relevant are these question I'm posting? Also, the difficulty varies I understand, although would you consider the last question posted to be more difficult then those in the actual UMAT?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The ones you have given are pretty easy UMAT wise, there are 3 types of questions in section 3: logical sequences, picture patterns and missing segment questions. You've given us a a logical sequence,series sequence and a segment question. They are pretty relevant but you havent given us challengine ones espcially numerical ones or questions with complex patternx, etc

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I appreciate the information wooz.

Well, I have recently looked at most of the questions I have accumulated and they seem too easy (easier than the questions posted). Anyone know of any challenging puzzle books?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Bacilli said:
I appreciate the information wooz.

Well, I have recently looked at most of the questions I have accumulated and they seem too easy (easier than the questions posted). Anyone know of any challenging puzzle books?
I bought the Mensa ultimate challenge book and mighty mindbenders book yesterday it has many very simillar but harder 'umat type' questions. However the last sections of the book are irrelevant since they are path mazes, the books were cheap too, their about 10 bucks each. with 300-500 puzzles each. Some of the puzzles actually hurt my head, literally.

Anyway i'd thought you had done the UMAT before?

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
No, I didn't sit the UMAT, did you?
I've never attempted the UMAT.
I think it's important to have time off before committing 6 years of your life to medicine studies. Additionally, I've been studying mathematics, chemistry and biology for so long now that it's now killing my personal interest in the subjects. I want at least 1 year off before I proceed to medicine.

I'm keenly interested in participating in some volunteer work with the cancer council next year, I hear they’re aiming to raise awareness for dangers of skin cancer this summer so I’m interested in assisting anyway I can.

I'll apply in 2009. What about you, how did you go in the UMAT?

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Bacilli said:
No, I didn't sit the UMAT, did you?
I've never attempted the UMAT.
I think it's important to have time off before committing 6 years of your life to medicine studies. Additionally, I've been studying mathematics, chemistry and biology for so long now that it's now killing my personal interest in the subjects. I want at least 1 year off before I proceed to medicine.

I'm keenly interested in participating in some volunteer work with the cancer council next year, I hear they’re aiming to raise awareness for dangers of skin cancer this summer so I’m interested in assisting anyway I can.

I'll apply in 2009. What about you, how did you go in the UMAT?
I did crap in UMAT, im gonna try again next year, im prob going to start a BA at Usyd or UNSW next year. Im also prob gonna join the Red Cross and get involved in the Labor party again.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Fuck the "Mensa Wiro: Ultimate Mental Challenge" is really hard!
I got both, the puzzle one isn't too bad, but this mental challenge book is difficult. Time consuming too... dang!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)