Where to record? (1 Viewer)

Mel_b

HSC
Hey fellow speech writers,

People who live in Sydney, have you recorded yet? What kind of equipment did you use? I was originally planning on just buying a microphone for my computer that's better quality than the dodgy one that came with it, but according to the english teachers, the top marks have v. good sound quality.

I was thinking about using the school's music recording facilities, but there's not really an extended time period that these are available for me to record in, and I don't think I'd be able to edit it after.

So, I was thinking about booking some time at a studio, but (other than the yellow pages) I don't really know where to start looking. Has anyone used a studio? What were your experiences like - could you recommend one? And what was it like price-wise?

Thanks In Advance. :)

HSC
N/A
Studios tend to be very expensive... you're looking at minimumish of $200 a pop.

In other news, what a speech girl did at my school was to use the school's facilities. She wasn't able to use them in school time though, and would stick around after school (up till 5pm) in order to have access to them.

Perhaps you should ask if something like this is avaliable?

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
WHAT THE HELL!?!??! Don't you DARE waste your money on a recording studio lol all you need is a nerd for a friend - he/she should be able to supply u with some decent recording software for your computer - and all else you need is a microphone.
I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 (which I admit I obtained when working at a radio station, but ur friends might have a... er, how shall I say "ahoy there matees!"... copy of the program). I'm using my desktop computer and recording software to do my radio drama and a $15 dollar desktop mic from Dick Smith. I've got a couple of shotgun mics but I didn't really need them - trust me - small is best.
However, if you are some rich person from Northern Sydney who gets a private jet to school everymorning (which is actually illogical) lol then go right ahead and spend your spare change on a recording studio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)