where to stay in armidale? (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i'm coming up to armidale next week for my albies interview (will be staying thurs, fri and maybe sat nights) and wondering if u guys know of any places to stay? coming up with 2 mates so there will be 3 of us...
and any good stuff to do/places to go on thurs and fri nights? or even during the day? coz i can't see the interview going for more than 30 mins or so

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Try the colleges

Since you are hoping to stay at one you might as well call them and try to score a room there and see what it's like. Although their daily rates aren't that crash hot they should have plenty of vacancies around this time of year.

If you want something cheap in town then look at Smith House, it's right in the middle of town 2 blocks from everything and used to be the old teachers college accommodation. But you get what you pay for, it's a few steps below the uni college standards but it does the job if you just want to sleep http://www.smithhouse.com.au/

You could also go for some of the motels although they can get pricey.

As for things to do, there are a fair few pubs within a 3 block radius of each other and 1 "nightclub" as it likes to call itself. If you are on college they might have something happening. There's a bowling alley, 2 shopping malls and a strip, plus a cinema, better get used to the excitement if you are planning on staying there for 3 years straight. If you had waited till next weekend there's a lan on in town. There are some bushwalks you could also take, or if you have a car drive around aimlessly for hours.

There's a reason why so much alcohol gets consumed, the amount of entertaining things to do without it has a lot to do with it.

Oh before I forget don't carry too much cash around with you and if you see a large group of people assembled in the street don't go seeing what all the fuss is about.

Last edited:

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
hmmmmm that doesn't really sound like my kinda thing... thanks for the info though...

as for motels - any that you would recommend? the guys i'm going with both work full time and are the type that love spending money so the fact they will have to pay for a motel won't bother them in the least...

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Any motel above 3.5 stars will do the trick price wise. For 3 people it will end up being around $80-$190 per night if you share the one room depending on the property. I have stayed at the Sandstock, Cattlemans, White Lanterns, and Moore Park Inn for work. They're all pretty much the same. Sandstock, The Club or New England Motor Inn would be the closest to everything if you don't feel like driving, they are right next to the Bowling Club, Wicklow pub and the Coles complex. None of the motels are close to the uni.

You can do a search for some prices at http://tol.aaatourism.com.au/searchgateway.asp?sit=1&aid=1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)