• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Where u up to now? (3 Viewers)

Giant Lobster

HSC
First journal entries?
In the endless depths of research?
Struggling with writers block?
Finished first draft?

myself: with the holidays almost over, im beginning to feel i've failed to meet my goal of finishing a first draft by the end o well, more realistic goals next time aye :)

shoo

have almost completed research, written almost two thousand words of draft, been over it with my mentor, have outline of story ready...but I HATE the direction of it so far...too cliched.

were you doing a short story?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
myself: with the holidays almost over, im beginning to feel i've failed to meet my goal of finishing a first draft by the end o well, more realistic goals next time aye :)
lol I know exactly what you're saying.

I finished my first draft, but I plan on drafting and re-drafting it before I hand it in in two weeks time. It's not as bad as what I thought it was. And yes, I'm having writers block on my introduction and conclusion.

Giant Lobster

HSC
were you doing a short story?
yea thats right

I finished my first draft
wow, impressive!
how many hours in total did it take you? im just curious cos im finding it really frustrating time wise. Sometimes i stare at the screen for hours and only manage to squeeze out a paragraph... on average, i rekon every word i write gets rewritten like 8 times :rolleyes:
maybe im just obsessive seeing as tho its just a first draft...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
how many hours in total did it take you? im just curious cos im finding it really frustrating time wise. Sometimes i stare at the screen for hours and only manage to squeeze out a paragraph... on average, i rekon every word i write gets rewritten like 8 times :rolleyes:
maybe im just obsessive seeing as tho its just a first draft...
How many hours? You wont me to give it to you in hours? :confused: I'll give it to you in days....lol Seriously, Over the last 6 weeks, I think I've worked on it for a whole week (but not one day after the other). I probably did about 4 or 5 hours a day. So 5 times 5 happens to be 25. But that doesn't include procrastinating, my journal, bashing my head against the table, having a panic attack, crying for a few hours....

lol So add that all up and you get A LOT of hours.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i am on the edge of a cliff ready to throw in the towel and give up. i absolutely hate ee2 at the moment. God, u guys are so motivated to do this. im jealous. oh well. im dropping it as soon as skool starts again. good luck to you all on ur major works!

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
How many hours? You wont me to give it to you in hours? :confused: I'll give it to you in days....lol Seriously, Over the last 6 weeks, I think I've worked on it for a whole week (but not one day after the other). I probably did about 4 or 5 hours a day. So 5 times 5 happens to be 25. But that doesn't include procrastinating, my journal, bashing my head against the table, having a panic attack, crying for a few hours....

lol So add that all up and you get A LOT of hours.
compared to me, your efficiency is impressive

I dont have any other subjects to work on, so ive basically dedicated my holidays to this and still ive only 1/2 a draft. and i hate it already. :(

mayhemily

HSC
yeahhh i am the laziest person alive!!
I've been 'planning' my story and actually i've written a fair bit towards this in my journal... but as far as the actual piece goes ive done maybe a page

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
You dont have any other work for ur subjects??? Wow! I'm so jealous. I have assessments, stuff to read, tasks, and study to do for ALL of my subjects, PLUS the first draft of my ee2 mw. I hated my "first" draft, so completely re-wrote it yesterday, and my new first draft is a lot better. lol so hang in there.

Sarah168, I think we've all been through what you are going through (some of us will be feeling like shit all year lol). Just work out whether you will be able to cope with it throughout the year...what is your biggest problem at the moment???

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
you wrote a 4000 word critical response in one day. :eek:
Well one day with no breaks....lol But I spread it out over the week. It's possible, but that's not to say it's any good!! I mean, my crit response could suck terribly, and I'm sure it does! I bet I'll go back to school, and my teacher will completely tear it apart!

Giant Lobster

HSC
thats the same with all works :)

damnnn seems like im the slowest out of the ee2 crowd
only 1/2 way :(

mayhemily

HSC
well it beats my almost - a - whole - page!

I dont feel it really matters at this stage though. i'll probably change my mind on what im writing about several times yet

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I am still yet to learn FlashMX 2004 as I had set out to do at the beginning of the holidays, how time flies :(

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
SPARKYY!!!!!!!!!
you see you see...
i knew you did heaaaaps more than you let on!!!!!!
well.... i'd like to say that im probably one the most easily distracted, too busy being distracted, distracting person ive ever known!!! and i have heaps and heaps of ideas but they're all in this darn ol' lil noogen of mine..... so feel better if youve only written a page... for i envy you!!!
but you know hat? i will get it done and i will be proud1 and happy!!!
and if not.???.......
i'll just die. no sweat.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
I am still yet to learn FlashMX 2004 as I had set out to do at the beginning of the holidays, how time flies :(
haha yeah going nuts with flash is a v.good idea in this case
(im assuming ur doin website)
making ur whole site flash and not caring about filesize; u can potentially make a masterpiece

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)