Where/when are first year Law lectures? (1 Viewer)

nessc26

HSC
I am a current student at USYD and I have always had the idea of studying law at the back of my mind, but ive never been really sure.
I want to sit in on a lecture or 2 to get a feel for law and decide whether I would enjoy it or not.

If any first year law students could tell me where/when the law lectures are? They dont seem to have sheets outside lecture rooms anymore with the times and everything....

thanks!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not a first year, but my guess is New Law 101, 9-10am Monday morning. It's always been the case, always will be the case, I think.

But Foundations (that first year law subject) is nothing like what law school is. You gotta wait til second semester to get your first 'taste' of what an actual law subject is like.

nessc26

HSC
I'm not a first year, but my guess is New Law 101, 9-10am Monday morning. It's always been the case, always will be the case, I think.

But Foundations (that first year law subject) is nothing like what law school is. You gotta wait til second semester to get your first 'taste' of what an actual law subject is like.
thank you! I will maybe sit in on a 2nd year lecture then too.

If anyone one here is a first year law student and could verify this, that would be amazing :)

izzy88

HSC
Law school timetable (subjects/times/locations) can be accessed from the law school website here http://sydney.edu.au/law/cstudent/undergrad/docs_pdfs/2013_LLBTimetable.pdf

Tutorials will probs take a role, but the lectures/seminars are unlikely to notice extras. First year foundations is as Aerath said 9-10am New Law 101.

Other subjects that might be good to see are International law or contracts.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'm such a moron - I totally forgot about that list izzy. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)