Where/when do we get info about our scaled marks and what units contributed to ATAR? (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Re: Where/when do we get info about our scaled marks and what units contributed to AT

You can actually figure it out, using the 2014 scaling tables released yesterday - http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/2014-tables/A3.pdf

e.g. for me, by crunching the numbers, I found out Latin 2u and 3u didn't count for me, by the smallest of margins.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Re: Where/when do we get info about our scaled marks and what units contributed to AT

Not sure about the first part

As for the second part though they count your top 10 units (i.e. The subjects that you performed best in) including your 2 units of English. So if you were to have done 12 unit one entire subject would not count, the one which you performed most poorly in your externals. However if you were to do 11 units they do this weird thing that I am not sure about :/

EDIT: Do what mreditor says, the guy got 99.95 after all

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

If you did 11 units it is still the best 10 units including 2 units of English.

So if after your best two units of English and the next 6 best units you have three units left e.g. 2U Maths 88 and History Extension 47 then the History Extension would count and one unit of the 2Unit Maths (88/2=44).

madijd

HSC

Just got a letter in the mail from UAC which told me what units contributed to the ATAR :)

emilios

HSC

Just got a letter in the mail from UAC which told me what units contributed to the ATAR :)
same. would've tripped balls if my 88 in phys counted over my 91 in eco.

madijd

HSC

same. would've tripped balls if my 88 in phys counted over my 91 in eco.
one of the calculators said my 43 in german ext was going to count over my 90 in bio!! don't know why that would have happened!

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

Did it tell you anything else? Does it include your marks for every unit? I have a person worried their son lied to them about their atar LOL

madijd

HSC

Did it tell you anything else? Does it include your marks for every unit? I have a person worried their son lied to them about their atar LOL
It just said my ATAR and completed units of study, along with which units contributed to the ATAR :)

Haha they letter is tamper proof so they would have a hard time trying to lie about it if their parents saw the certificate

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC

3U Maths and Drama didn't count?!?!?
All the calculators I used thought 3U Maths would count over 4U English, but the scaling seems to be favourable for extension 1 and 2 English this year.

harvey1997

HSC
N/A

Can you receive an email about this? or is it only in the mail?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)