Which Book is better for HSC revision?! (1 Viewer)

Which textbook do u prefer for revision?

• Macquire

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dixon

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Excel

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • others. and I will post...

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
HSC
Ok, I've read the whole discussion about which book you use etc. But I didn't really know which one was better.

Right now I have 3 books at home and I am hoping to re-summarise the whole economics since I've forgotten most of them *sigh*

So here it is...

Macquare Revision Guide (2005) (Easy to understand)
Tim Dixon (2004) - we used this at skool, but its too detailed for revision... But.. still lol
Excel HSC 2001+

I'm trying to read all of them at the same time.. but which one do you think is more useful?

HSC
Also, my teacher gave me a whole stack of updates on everything, but i dun think I'm going to finish it.

So do you think I should just remember some basic stats and use it repeatedly, instead of reading those... frightening.. notes.. *sigh*

HSC
lol i dunno..they all have good and bad parts so its good to use a combination of the 3..

however i suppose u havent really got much time!! i reckon the excel would be the way to go personally coz its a comprehensive summary of the whole course..and if something in there totally confuses u just look it up in one of the other 2?

i think economics is such an interesting subject..but its such a bitch to study for:burn:

oh and it least have a look at the notes ur teacher gave u..she must have given them to u for a reason so they must be good!

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i would suggest dixon out of all three (please ignore excel)

but it's one day till exam

use macquarie

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
leading edge (dixon) is teh best, and it isnt as detailed as tim riley, god damn that book is huge.
with dixon is way easier to understand! its sounds lke general knowlege wen i read from that book, and i find maquarie a shit book, really shit

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
i know the thread creator has finished the eco exam as well but for 2007 economics students..

do not get macquarie revision guide for economics. for business it's great but not for economics.

best to summarise dixon properly into syllabus headings and study those notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)