• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which branch of engineering is good? (1 Viewer)

kooltrainer

HSC
out of these: civil, mechanical, chemical, environmental, aerospace
which one of em should i choose if i wana work in a office environment in the future..and which one is the least practical..
ie, don;t need to carry 10kg machines or bricks etc everyday and use screwdrivers as much etc..

Uncle

Banned
HSC
which one of em should i choose if i wana work in a office environment in the future..and which one is the least practical..
ie, don;t need to carry 10kg machines or bricks etc everyday and use screwdrivers as much etc..
You have got to be fucking kidding me.
Choosing a major based on your own physical strength?
How can lifting 10 kilograms or over be a burden to you?

On the other hand, I designed a flywheel made out of cast iron with an outer diameter of almost 800 mm.
It weighs over 100kg.
How am I going to lift that shit and precisely mount it onto a shaft?
It's called machinery.

But seriously mechanical is out of the question for you narutard.
Or better yet as one mentions, just get out of engineering altogether.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
imo do engineering and major in arts

Chemistryace

HSC
all branches of engineering are good, the way you say it suggests that you have limited knowledge about the engineering program.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
now im no engineer, but i got to say no fields of engineering require the use of physical strength. A university engineer graduate is a Professional, hence why would they do the labor work?? Engineering is more design and analysis.

kooltrainer

HSC
now im no engineer, but i got to say no fields of engineering require the use of physical strength. A university engineer graduate is a Professional, hence why would they do the labor work?? Engineering is more design and analysis.
really? thats what i hope..
but apparently, u hav to go to construction sites to help those builders.. and engineers try very hard to differentiate themselves from builders becasue it is a very common misconception that engineers are "beer drinkin belly drunkers" (or thereabouts) :(

shady145

Banned
HSC
a very common misconception that engineers are "beer drinkin belly drunkers" (or thereabouts) :(
i have no problem with that. drinking some beers is good.
but y do u not want to lift 10kg lol. and screwdrivers? perhaps uve never used one be4 o_O
to answer ur q, a good one to me would be a fun one. and i can see myself having fun saving our planet with environemntal or designing aerospace equipment.

kooltrainer

HSC
i have no problem with that. drinking some beers is good.
but y do u not want to lift 10kg lol. and screwdrivers? perhaps uve never used one be4 o_O
to answer ur q, a good one to me would be a fun one. and i can see myself having fun saving our planet with environemntal or designing aerospace equipment.
lifting 10kg, screwdrivers.. i was tryin to create an image in pplz brain of the daily construction builders you see in sites.. the filth, the heat ( in summer), the dirt, the sweat, the cheap dumb cunts (sorry) .. i dun wana become like that after 4 years of HARD WORK LEARNING U FEEL ME?

TheStallion

HSC
How the fuck can you be doing so well in stuff like 3u/4u maths, but be a total fucking idiot at stuff as simple as this. I swear half the people with marks in their sig fake them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)