• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which combine degree is the best? (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
Ok lots of people recently here are saying computing is the best to double with (and i suspect last year everyone was saying AppFin or something). Can people elaborate about whyu computing seems to be the most useful now?

I mean, i read somewhere before someone who did acst+comp got employed in some IT in maquarie bank? buit like...u cud have just done IT degree and got into that role...?

I also read and do agree with the earlier made comment that once you're in, it doesnt matter...as long as you are in.

However i am still confused.

In terms of career prospects which one is the best to double with? I;m interested in (well i have nfi but im guessing i am) invesment banking (all things investment wise) and the stock market. ummm

bigredboof

HSC
if you want to get itnto quantitative applications, do a comp degree with acst, if not just do the single acst degree

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
im working at a company that makes actuarial software so im biased. but actuarial firms (including consulting firms) use our software as welll as others and if u know c++ or other languages it'll b much easier to customise your model.

furthermore, the ceo of quantium (an actuarial marketing firm) said at a careers forum last yr that he prefers students with computing and programming skills...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)