• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

which COMP unit (1 Viewer)

M

mushi

ACST101? isnt that an acturial subject? so i can do it even tho its not in my prescribed subject list in my handbook? this handbook is so confusing ..lol

i was thiking of doing ECON110 as well..along with MATH123/130 etc.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mushi
ACST101? isnt that an acturial subject? so i can do it even tho its not in my prescribed subject list in my handbook? this handbook is so confusing ..lol

i was thiking of doing ECON110 as well..along with MATH123/130 etc.
Yep you can still do it, considering you wanna transfer and i know that nearly all Commerce degrees require ACST101. I'm doing BBA degree now too, and i have to do ACST101 this semester. Although it does assume some mathematics. But if you did it at the same time as say MATH123 or MATH130 you shouldn't have much problems.

M

mushi

so is ACST101 considered a CORe subject or a elective in my case for ebiz?
if it is a elective, can i do MATH 123/130 as well? cause arent they both electives?

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mushi
so is ACST101 considered a CORe subject or a elective in my case for ebiz?
if it is a elective, can i do MATH 123/130 as well? cause arent they both electives?
Yep it would be. I'm not really sure about the eBusiness degree. But last time i remember you didn't have to do ACST101. Generally you can do any subjects you want as long as you meet the pre-requisites, just during academic approval explain your situation to the advisor that you want to transfer and hence you're doing the subjects that will give you full credit into your transferred degree.

M

mushi

ok great, thx majesty you've been a great help

i've just got one more favour :p

do u think u can give me a rough outline of what i shoudl study in my ebiz degreee,for smemester 1 and 2?
keeping in mind i wanna trasfer and i need to do MATH123/130 , and doing ECON110/ACST101 woiulndt hurt either :p

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Okay, i'll try to do my best.
I suppose you'd be doing the Management stream for eBusiness.

STAT170
ECON110
MATH123 or MATH130
ACST101

Do those subjects in your first semester, and you'll have full credit when you transfer into BCom. You'll need to meet the GPA requirement which i think is 2.0 or 2.5 but you'll have to make sure.

M

mushi

hahah this is great!!!
no comp subjects at all :)
and i thoguht the core subjects meant u gotta do it..hehe

thx alot majesty, all i have to do now and study so i can transfer :)

M

mushi

oooh ohh, one more thing..which would be better to take up and more useful for my subjects, MATH123 or 130..? i heard 123 was really basic stuff..a

M

mushi

majesty, how sure are u that u can choose not to take up the core subjects, and do the follwoing subjects u listed?

cause its seems pretty weird to be doing a course, without even doing any other the core subjects

M

mushi

yups rights
but would there be a chance he wouldnt approve it? or he most likely will?

cause im kinda wooried atm..cause it seems 'weird" that i am able to not choose any of hte core subs and basically do whatever i like

Majesty

HSC
N/A
It is likely they will approve your program of study, if you explain your situation and what you want to do. They really can't stop you from doing what you want as long as you meet pre-requisities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)