• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Console has the best controller? (1 Viewer)

Which Is the best Controller

• Playstation 2

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • X-Box

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • GameCube

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dreamcast

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Sheehan :)

i personally think its the Ps2 Dual shock............its so good they didnt need to change thje design too muc..........just the new L3 button

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Sheehan :) said:
i personally think its the Ps2 Dual shock............its so good they didnt need to change thje design too muc..........just the new L3 button
I hear the x-box is pretty shitty, mainly because of it's size.

So, out of the ps2 and xbox, the ps2 would win.

equiski

HSC
I prefer the Dual Shock due to the symmetrical layout. I personally find it more intuitive than other controllers. Thats just my taste, though.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't have an xbox, and when I have tried to play it at a friends place i find it really difficult cause of the size and it doesn't fit the shape of your hands as well.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
The only problem I ever had with the N64 controller was that I'd get blisters from using the analog stick too long. If they had the rubber-like material of the PS controller it'd be perfect. I find the PS controller a little too small but then again I don't own a PS or XBox. The Xbox controller is definately more comfortable then the PS controller but I find that the analog stick on it is positioned a little awkward for me.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
X BOX has such mad games, but the controller is a bitch to hold, its such a chunk

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
i agree with ogmzergrush, all the controllers give my hands severe crampage...x-box is the only one that can handle the heat :p

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
The smaller version of the xbox controller became standard for all new xboxes after, like 2004 some time I think. I know mine came with a smaller controller, and I bought it last year. But, I agree, the older, bigger one is rarther uncomfortable. The smaller one is much better.

Still prefer the Gamecube controller. It's just so sexy.

S

Sheehan :)

transcendent said:
The only problem I ever had with the N64 controller was that I'd get blisters from using the analog stick too long. If they had the rubber-like material of the PS controller it'd be perfect. I find the PS controller a little too small but then again I don't own a PS or XBox. The Xbox controller is definately more comfortable then the PS controller but I find that the analog stick on it is positioned a little awkward for me.

mario party gave me blisters.........and i never could get awayy from that danmed ghost (mario party players will understand what i mean)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
anyone (lengy excluded) who gets blisters from a game controller is playing waayyyyyyyy too much games *nods*

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
OS said:
Anyone with me here??
Indeed.

And sif fighting games. If you want the real experiance, buy one of those arcade style fighting boards. Thats how a man plays fighting games.

Metroid Hunter

HSC
N64 controllers were good, but the problem with it was that some buttons (like the L button) were out of reach if you were using the analogue stick. Gamecube controllers are really good cause the buttons are the right size (if a bit weird) and you could easily reach them. And mario party on the 64 gives you sore thumbs. order of preference for controllers are:

Gamecube
PSX/PS2 (Even though i find the analogue sticks on the PSX hard to use)
N64
XBOX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)