Which country should I work at? (1 Viewer)

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, Im currently studying Commerce and i was wondering..
Which country do you guys think would be the best to work at in terms of the current/future prospects and situations?
I was thinking of working in HK and transferring to Commerce/Arts to learn the chinese language or asian studies.
However, I'm not quite sure if it's worth it working over there or if i should stay in Australia.

Any experience/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Not sure why you started 3 different threads...

Depends what you want, is it solely for a career or a desire for a different lifestyle?

I think HK is much harder to get a finance type job compared to here, so it's not like you'll just walk into some amazing job. Also consider the work culture, they work much harder and longer in HK, London and NY.

MBMD

HSC
Slightly off topic, but do unis usually let you take 2 majors in com in a com/arts degree as well as the arts major?

In regards to OP, sure if you'd like to work there in the future go ahead and learn the language, but I reckon it would be easier to get a few years experience in Australia first, then move. Most banks etc who are here are also in HK, easier to transition over there if you are already in the firm I bet.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Nigeria...

you can become a good scammer with a Commerce Degree...

or, just become an accountant for a rich fucker in a tax haven (eg: Monaco, Cayman Islands, etc...)

Last edited:

KitchenSinky

HSC
North Korea has some of the best working conditions I've ever seen.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
If you end up working for a multinational company in Australia, the overseas organisation will most likely only bring you across if you have niche skills and the think tank over in the receiving country is that different that you will get an opportunity overseas.

If the other country hires you with no prior related experience in your native country, you again will need to have a stronger skillset or have niche skills that it is easier hiring you compared to someone else at their end

ossgraphics

HSC
North Korea, South Korea and Monaco! All have favorable working conditions. !!

NWO

HSC
Try Antarctica. try collaborating with the king penguins.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Op, what are you trying to achieve and what do you actually want out of all this? Different countries also have different advantages depending on which industry or job you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)