which degree wins over the other? (1 Viewer)

which degree wins over the other?

• B Business (Accounting) @ UWS

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • B Engineering (Civil( @ UWS

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

trashman308

HSC
i just cant decide betweem accounting and civil engineering, if anyone can help, it will be appreciated, please contribute to the poll

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
If you had to compare - perhaps the average wages for each job could help? Not that you should judge a degree based on the money you get, but if you're stuck then i suppose it could be an influential factor to consider.

T

Testpilot

In the end it really comes down to which degree you will enjoy studying. Have you studied Engineering Studies or Business Studies in the HSC? Did you prefer one over the other? Unfortunately the people of BoS can't decide it for you (if they do it will be based on their own bias or job starting salaries etc) because it is such a personal decision.

In the end this advice won't help you for the main round, but if you really can't decide do them as a double degree (if you can) and then drop the degree you like the least.

trashman308

HSC
well heres the problem, i didnt do engineering studies, but i did do business studies.....but i loved it in year 11 but i utterly hated it in year 12, i really wanna do engineering but im scared its gana be 2 hard, maybe not my interests, and if im doing engineering at uws, i wanna try transfer to uts or if possible to unsw. and if i dnt get the marks to transfer then in my mind the engineering course that i chose at the end is a complete waste. (btw i dnt mind do accounting at uws, my brother and cuzins do it there)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I didn't do engineering studies and after first year of civil my GPA is 6.75 [out of 7 if you didn't know]. It's not important what you did at high school because they actually teach you what you need to know (well, most of the time). You just have to make some effort to do something.

If you have to start at UWS because of uai/equivalent then transferring to UTS or UNSW is probably worthwhile after first year. Engineering is only like 85 at UNSW, I think.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I got 92 in 2 Unit and failed horribly at 3 unit.

Which is an important point because I found the teaching style at uni vastly superior to school and now have no problem with that level or higher of maths.

I would imagine one might do some sort of bridging course if they only had General or no HSC Maths completed.

trashman308

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I didn't do engineering studies and after first year of civil my GPA is 6.75 [out of 7 if you didn't know]. It's not important what you did at high school because they actually teach you what you need to know (well, most of the time). You just have to make some effort to do something.

If you have to start at UWS because of uai/equivalent then transferring to UTS or UNSW is probably worthwhile after first year. Engineering is only like 85 at UNSW, I think.
thanks alot, u put my confidence up... just wondering wen i start my civil degree.. is it possible to do a cadetship if im in uws...i read in another post that companies wont take if u do the course at uws...same with accounting...

Optophobia

HSC
Because you bagged out UWS. He loves people who do that.

You are now entitled to a free blow job off him.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no, because he compared two completely unrelated degrees

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
no, because he compared two completely unrelated degrees
.....at UWS.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
because i was waiting for the bait to come. then after replies i came i gave him a colloquial pat on the back by saying 'i love you'.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
i don't think many who do engineering at uni did engineering studies for the hsc - i don't think many schools offer it.

I take it that you did Physics and Extension 1 Maths - if you enjoyed both of these subjects and like the prospect of applying this knowledge then I think you'd enjoy engineering.

Accounting certainly doesn't require the same level of maths - I think the assumed knowledge is General.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Optophobia said:
oh ok my mistake. i thought you hated UWS, i was wrong but, lol.
No, I don't hate UWS. I think it's one of the best TAFEs in New South Wales

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)