Which Engineering Course Are Pursuing Next Year? (1 Viewer)

Which one are you picking?

• Total voters

tashe

HSC
N/A
I could only fit 10 options in the poll. If the one you're applying for isn't there, feel free to post it below.

Guests can vote as well.

EDIT: Multiple options are allowed.

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot "you" in the thread title.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ok Thanks. I put down Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Flexible First Year and Other (for Materials).

Also, which course do you want to do OP?

tashe

HSC
N/A
Tossing between BE (Chemical) and BE (bioinformatics).

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I was gonna pursue engineering, but I needed 3U maths and physics which I didn't have, so I'm pursuing psychology instead.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ayecee

HSC
I'm hoping for Mechanical & Mechatronic at UTS. Aiming for 90 Atar, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting my 5 bonus points, so I should be fine!
PS: Good thread idea :D

Web Addict

HSC
I still can't decide between Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)/Master of Engineering (Electrical) and Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)/Bachelor of Commerce.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I was gonna pursue engineering, but I needed 3U maths and physics which I didn't have, so I'm pursuing psychology instead.

Not necessarily. There are bridging courses available. Just choose what you will like best.

Are you a hands on type person? Do you like innovating or creating your own stuff or tweaking it?

I still can't decide between Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)/Master of Engineering (Electrical) and Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)/Bachelor of Commerce.
I'm in a similar boat, but I'll just take whatever my ATAR allows me for. Thinking of doing BE ME or Elec/Chem.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
True.

I'm more of an analytical person - someone who likes to solve problems and help others with their issues. But to an extent I also like making things and tweaking them.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
True.

I'm more of an analytical person - someone who likes to solve problems and help others with their issues. But to an extent I also like making things and tweaking them.

Do you like maths though?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
So why aren't you doing extension?
Because I was recommend to do Mathematics by my teacher since I did 5.2. If I was 5.3 I would definitely had chosen extension, but I'm not, which meant if I did, I would have struggled immensely with the coursework.

So 2U is what I chose.

tashe

HSC
N/A
I was gonna pursue engineering
If you did do 3U maths and physics, which engineering course would you have chosen?

Are you pursuing a research career?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
If you did do 3U maths and physics, which engineering course would you have chosen?

Are you pursuing a research career?
Maybe civil or mechanical engineering.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Because I was recommend to do Mathematics by my teacher since I did 5.2. If I was 5.3 I would definitely had chosen extension, but I'm not, which meant if I did, I would have struggled immensely with the coursework.

So 2U is what I chose.

Give 3-unit a try. If you do bad then just drop to 2-unit.

You have nothing to lose by trying it. You never know. Some students who do 5:2 actually pull out and can end up doing 4U if they try hard enough.

J280

HSC
In Year 10 but my aim is the BE/ME in Electrical Engineering :)

tashe

HSC
N/A
In Year 10 but my aim is the BE/ME in Electrical Engineering :)
Electrical is really popular, isn't it? With all the chemical engineering threads, I would have thought chemical engineering was more popular.

J280

HSC
Civil is the most popular I think, maybe people just haven't voted yet haha

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Give 3-unit a try. If you do bad then just drop to 2-unit.

You have nothing to lose by trying it. You never know. Some students who do 5:2 actually pull out and can end up doing 4U if they try hard enough.
It's too late for me. Although I can change my course in the first four weeks of term 1.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It's too late for me. Although I can change my course in the first four weeks of term 1.

You should change it. You have nothing to lose IMO. Its not much harder than 2-unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)