Which Ext-2 topics have you done? (1 Viewer)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
We finished complex numbers in term 4 last year, did curve sketching this term, and now just finishing off polynomials for the half-yearly.

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
we have done complaex #, graphs and we about a 1/3 rd way through conics. But damn im am struggling with conics. and the problem is im the only one in the class so i cant ask another classmate or study with them. and we only meet 2 times a week.(monday and friday mornings for an hr). And is intergaration one of the easyier ones to self teach?

G

gaoOO

~shinigami~ said:
Funny how you just mentioned that because my teacher was talking about it today and his plan is to teach mechanics thoroughly and rush through graphs if we are behind on schedule. :D
damn. our teacher threatened us with holiday lessons if we fall too far behind.

Mattamz

HSC
we've done complex numbers, polynomials, conics and are now doing curve sketching.

kony

HSC
w00t Fort Street for the win:

completed ext2 topics: Complex Numbers

to be completed: Curve Sketching, Conics, Polynomials, Mechanics, Volumes, Integration, Harder 3u topics.

way to go.

Horseypie

HSC
^^
Ouch, Kony.

We've finished complex numbers, curve sketching, polynomials and have a half-lesson to finish conics (just questions on things people didn't understand), so now I think we start integration.

tanguyen

HSC
Complex numbers we've completed, graph sketching was a christmas holiday task and we're 2 weeks into Polynomials. The teacher (and head teacher) said that we're running on schedule but would prefer if we were ahead (obviously.)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
gaoOO said:
damn. our teacher threatened us with holiday lessons if we fall too far behind.
Hehe, I actually wouldn't mind that...I don't like being behind in maths :p

We've done complex numbers and graphs...(I'm thinking there will be a definite rush towards the end *sigh* :spam: ...hmmm what's the easiest one to cover by yourself?)

poOgee

HSC
Done complex numbers, polynomials, conics and currently in Assessment Block 2, so no lessons for another week

P

pLuvia

dr baby beanie said:
Hehe, I actually wouldn't mind that...I don't like being behind in maths :p

We've done complex numbers and graphs...(I'm thinking there will be a definite rush towards the end *sigh* :spam: ...hmmm what's the easiest one to cover by yourself?)
Integration and polynomials :D

Bboysho

HSC
Our school's only done complex numbers and we're just finishing off polynomials... I think we're a bit behind compared to other schools, oh well.

BFF

HSC
we've done
Complex, graphs, integration, polynomials and harder 3 unit inequalities.
I have learnt volumes by slicing and shells by myself because I am teaching that as assesment in a week.

ssglain

HSC
YES! My class has finally moved on to Integration. It's a shame though that I already did Integration on my own at the beginning of term because I was bored with the Ext-1 e/log/trig/inverse trig functions we were doing at that time. Maybe I should just stop for a while and take the time to do the six or so essays I've unwittingly accumulated over the term from English. Bleh.

elseany

HSC
wow you guys are all soo lucky.

my school has only done complex numbers, and my teacher is crap so we didn't go into much detail, we've almost finsihed conics i think too, we've finsihed the ellipse and almost finsihed the hyperbola. but yeh, thats it!

but im lucky i've got a fairly good tutor, i've done complx, integration and curve sketching at tutoring

iniv

HSC
School taught: Complex numbers, curve sketching, polnomials (quite confident on these topics) and just finished conics (NOT confident at all on this- and the half yearly exam is focusing on this. I go through the theory and I think "i understand this, it isn't too bad" and then I open the text and try some questions and.......shit..)

nevertheless, despite my complete inability to do conics (aside from the really simple find focus, directrix, draw etc type qs), I think my schools working at a pretty good rate :)

Tutor taught: everything we've done at school plus intergration

Self taught: zilch....people are teaching themselves topics?!?! wow, what motivation :) I've got more that enough work already without going ahead of the class

topics to go: mechanics, volumes, harder 3u- unless there's some other topic I'm forgetting??

Last edited:

Horseypie

HSC
We have one more section of Integration to do (recurrence formulae) and then we move onto Volumes next term.

Redbeard

HSC
We've completed complex numbers, polynomials and volumes, and will be starting conics this week. My teacher says we are a bit behind where he wants us to be, but that is because we started with 8 people in our class. Many of them got well behind, but we are now only down to the 5 who want to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)