Which French subject to take if I did it for HSC?? (1 Viewer)

ss193.02

HSC
Please can someone answer this question? m(_ _)m

I think my post-HSC level should be suitable for the French Language 3A course, but of course myUNSW won't let me enrol because I haven't completed the prerequisites, which are for people starting from scratch!

I'm sure I missed some important piece of info along the way because I just got back from overseas but I seriously do not know what I should pick for French. Hope someone can answer. (I'm doing B Fine Arts/B Art)

karoooh

HSC
ss193.02 said:
Please can someone answer this question? m(_ _)m

I think my post-HSC level should be suitable for the French Language 3A course, but of course myUNSW won't let me enrol because I haven't completed the prerequisites, which are for people starting from scratch!

I'm sure I missed some important piece of info along the way because I just got back from overseas but I seriously do not know what I should pick for French. Hope someone can answer. (I'm doing B Fine Arts/B Art)
Um... I think you need to do the placement test. I know they say that if you've done the prereq's, then it should be fine for you to enrol in the more advanced classes, but I know a few people that had to do the placement test anyway (for French and other languages). Either call the school up on Monday, have a look here:

http://languages.arts.unsw.edu.au/futurestudents/placement/french.shtml

(though it doesn't really help much) or enrol into 1A and then speak to the lecturer then. I think Caroline's taking that first lecture. Anyway, she'll most likely send you to the Lab in Morven Brown on Lvl 1 (unless they've changed the location of the test) to get it done, ASAP.

Don't worry about it too much, if it says that all the classes are full, by the time you are able to enrol, they'll open it up to let you through anyway.

Sugar

HSC
You have to do a placement test, and they'll place you in the level that is suitable for you. In the meantime, I agree with karoooh. Just enrol in 1A, and talk to your tutor.

ss193.02

HSC
Thanks for your replies and sorry for replying so late! I gave up on the French - I really did come back from my overseas trip a bit late for sorting all this mess out. I'm doing German now. And I'm LOVING it! I'll do some French again later...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)