Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (1 Viewer)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Re: Which is the best university to do B. Com. from?!?!?!?!?

Macquarie is great for commerce (im doing actuarial studies there, but i still do economics and accounting units and yes, it is very solid). Other unis you mentioned are all also well know.

But really in the end of the day it doesnt matter where you go.

Also consider if you want to do a double degree, eg arts/commerce, and which uni has subjects that suit you.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

I do B. Comm/Marketing at Macquarie and I would put UNSW on top, its reputation is second to none. My 89 UAI wasn't enough though lol. Macquarie itself isn't too bad, lecturers are fine and classes are interesting, I chose it over Sydney because Macquarie had a better rep. As others have said, it depends on what you want to major in B. Comm.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

noone's mentioned UTS particularly, its definately worth considering. i've been going for accounting cadetships with various firms and basically the sentiment from the firms themselves is that UTS has a very solid B Bus, also that its taught in a very modern and practical way. one or two of the firms i went to even suggested UTS over UNSW because of how innovative the program is, compared to UNSW being a more traditional and theoritical program. i don't attend uni yet so i can't provide personal experience, but pretty sure what companies think of the programs is certainly not a bad thing to consider.

obviously all the uni's you mentioned have great commerce programs, i'd have a think about majors as a means of differentiating like others have said.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

UNSW/USYD for prestige, UNSW being the more flexible choice, USYD being the more white choice.

Mac for actuarial.

UTS for convenience/easier courses.

04er

HSC

I'm tired of hearing that USyd isn't flexible with timetables: it is true that you can't go online and choose each individual class (you can only choose which periods/days you have off), but you have unfettered flexibility if you come in and ask the uni to change it during the first 2 weeks of semester.

As for which uni to choose there have been countless, not to mention very long, threads on this topic.

Ben.Civiletti

HSC

I do B. Comm/Marketing at Macquarie and I would put UNSW on top, its reputation is second to none. My 89 UAI wasn't enough though lol. Macquarie itself isn't too bad, lecturers are fine and classes are interesting, I chose it over Sydney because Macquarie had a better rep. As others have said, it depends on what you want to major in B. Comm.
Lol how can you choose Mac over Usyd when you can't even get into Usyd's Bcom with your uai? And Mac is only good for actuarial studies. Not for much else. Marketing major alone and particularly if its from mac won't be looked at too favorably by future employers.

I'd say UNSW, Usyd, Mac, Uts, Uws, ACU in that order.

But i reckon graduate outcomes would be similiar for UNSW and Usyd. But what you need to keep in mind is UNSW is much further away than Usyd from the city centre. So if your tossing up between UNSW/Usyd and Usyd is closer def. go for Usyd. Travelling 1.5 to 2hours daily with Sydney's notorious public transport isn't much fun.

Also if your looking to work overseas I'd think Usyd over UNSW. Mainly because Usyd has a great international reputation. Particularly in the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong etc.

GL

Last edited:

04er

HSC

^is ur hsc in 2012?

Ben.Civiletti

HSC

na man my course finishes then lol i get that alot when i give tips

04er

HSC

yeah i thought so :p

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

Chose it over USyd? More like USyd wouldn't let you in :p

waryap

HSC
which uni is best?

In terms of international recognition, job prospects, etc etc
which uni would be best to attend?
I live a fair bit west and the nearest uni to me which is good is Macq. UNSW will take about 1 to 1 and a half hours to get there. USYD is probably a bit better transport wise.

pillow12345

HSC
Re: which uni is best?

UNSW>USYD>MAQ>UTS

Depends also what you want to major in.

waryap

HSC

International business probably because I want to take commerce with arts (Japanese Studies)

pillow12345

HSC

International business probably because I want to take commerce with arts (Japanese Studies)
Your probably best of with USYD if you want to major in that and do arts as well.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

Personally I'd go to Wollogong. I heard they have a very good library and most people from there get jobs as sweepers

patty4848

HSC

You shouldn't care about your uni. I guarantee now that if you have good grades and/or match the job profile that you are apply for and are interviewed for, your employer won't give a sh** about where you studied.

Its merely a myth by people who go to certain unis and believe they have to be better somehow because of UAI/ATAR entrance ranks etc etc.

Go to wherever offers the course/s that interest you the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)