Which is the easier transfer?? (1 Viewer)

wil123

HSC
ken098 said:
Are you serious?? Who told you this?? :confused:
Yeah it's a new scheme they've brought out this year. I got a letter from UNSW because my UAI is above 95, but less than 99.3, and law was one of my preferences. It says that if you fulfill those requirements, they GUARANTEE you a spot, being an internal transfer, rather than trying your luck through the UAC process. It actually says a mark of 95-96.95 requires a WAM of 75 for one year in another non-law course, and a mark of 97-cut off requires a 70 WAM.
What swayed me to choose my first prefo as commerce at UNSW was the guarantee they offer, as opposed to say doing law at UTS then trying to transfer through UAC. Another plus is that my commerce subjects are counted for the com/law degree so i can finish in the same 5 yr time period.
And thanx spence.

DaGizza

HSC
I didn't decided to go to another uni instead. I got 96.7 UAI and a solid GPA (4 HD's and 4 D's) which I hope will get me into Com/Law USYD or UNSW. My WAM wouldn't be as good as my GPA.

You see if you get a lot of 75's and 85's (ie. just scraping HD's and D's) you are better off under GPA. If you just miss out and get marks like 74 84 etc. you are better off under the WAM. Marks like 60, 70 and 80 will put you in a similar position for both WAM and GPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)