Which Law double degree is Better ? (1 Viewer)

poiuylkj

HSC
im currently a 3rd year student studying bachelor of science at La Trobe university.

i have been offered the following course for mid year entry to undertake in semester 2:

1. bachelor of sciece/ bachelor of laws - university of new england (through QTAC
2. bachelor of business and commerce/ bachelor of law - UWS ( through UAC)

im leaning towards law/science due to the fact i will receive credit for the science component from my current degree.

would like to know your thoughts.</SPAN>

Shane_

HSC
ya doez wat ya haz cradit for or youz will anzer to me. My bicepz iz bigger dan ur head. you don wanna anza to me. you doez what u told and all iz good.

absorber

HSC
probably seems upstartish coming from a first year, but depends on what you wanna do careerwise. I can't picture science and law combining into one career, but with commerce and law it's easy to see

HSC
N/A
if you start the bachelor of commerce/law, then you will of effectively 'wasted' your 3 years of science.

i'd go with science if i was in your position
if you picked science you would of had an interest in it.

why do you want a law degree anyway?

izzy88

HSC
I think it depends what you want to do- i'm not sure what your circumstances are- but why are you transferring from your science degree at La Trobe- is it the science? the uni?

A bit off the question but-
Because you are third year- does that mean you can graduate at the end of the year with a science degree? It would seem a waste to transfer to a combined commerce/law degree- that's 2 and a half years gone with no official recognition.

You could always graduate from your science degree at the end of this year and then do a graduate law degree- UNE offers the JD which you could do instead of the combined degree. (Of course your circumstances might be completely different to what I've assumed, so forget what i've said above if it doesn't relate).

As to which double degree is better- there is no one perfect combined law degree. You combine it with something you are interested in. The law degree is all you need to do a career in law, it doesn't matter what you combine it with. Obviously with a commerce/law degree you can go a bit more into the corporate/finance/business area- if that is what you want to do. I'm doing an arts/law degree because I like ancient history- i probably, most certainly will not be using my ancient history knowledge in my law career (if i choose to go into law)- but that doesn't make it pointless. Same with science etc.

Gmac_0

HSC
I don't really think that science would really be useful in a career in law, though I guess you've already done a fair bit of the degree so you may as well finish it off and then pursue a law career.

poiuylkj

HSC
in fairness i started with science hoping to transfer to another course after 1sr year. i take the blame in not doing so

because really there isnt much to do with science after you finish with it unless you do honours or PhD.

so i wanted to join another degree to it with science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)