Which Library/ies Did People Doing Ext Go To? (1 Viewer)

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
As the question says can anyone recommend any good libraries they went to research their topic in Sydney?

Thanks

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
It really depends on the topic area of your Major Work to which Library is most suitable.

State library is definitely one to check out. GREAT resources there! However, I have also heard that both Macquarie University and the University of Wollongong provide access to their resources for HSC History Extension students. For my preliminary research my local libraries and my school library have both sufficed, so don’t forget to check out your own local and school library!

Here are some links:
Macquarie University: http://www.lib.mq.edu.au/borrowing/hsc-extension.html
University of Wollongong: http://uow.libguides.com/hschistory

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Macquarie uni library is excellent if you are working in ancient history (I say ancient as I have no clue about modern history resources). I signed up with the HSC History Extension associate thing and made ample use of it.

speedofsound

HSC
state library is an absolute must. i pretty much lived there throughout the year while i was doing my major works. so many great books from across the time, not just recent ones, which is great for showing changing historical perspectives over time. :)

TutoringHSC

HSC
N/A
Most people here seem to be forgetting about Fisher Library in USyd. I only used Fisher Library for my major work (mine was Ancient Hist though) - you can't borrow unless you register for $25 though.

HSC
- State Library (open to public, can't borrow though)
- Macquarie Uni (Hist-ext friendly, can borrow for $25 fee)
- University of Sydney (Can walk in, good collection, but do not recommend borrowing from)

Start with your school/local libraries though. You'll be suprised what you can find.

HSC
Uni Grad
HINT: The state library will lend to local libraries, go to your local library and request them to borrow something for you and then you borrow from them.

HSC
HINT: The state library will lend to local libraries, go to your local library and request them to borrow something for you and then you borrow from them.
Really? I didn't know that! Cool!
I'm assuming its a lengthy process though...does it require forms & lots of waiting around?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)