which one would you pick (engineering) (1 Viewer)

Which one would you pick (engineering)

• Chemical

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Petroleum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mining

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Civil

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

angrygeorge

HSC
State reasons why you pick them (advantages vs disadvantages would be nice)

xmangx

HSC
N/A
Mechanical or Civil, as both have good job prospects, especially with mech, you have a wide variety of choices.

angrygeorge

HSC
I don't know much about the flexible first year, could you please provide some info or a link about it?

Also is it worth doing the advanced engineering course at usyd vs a normal engineering course at unsw? I heard unsw>usyd for engineering courses but im not sure...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i'd probably be more interested in chemical.

petroleum... not sure about the demand in the future since we're all trying to go green now.

mining will give you shitloads of money.

civil is probably easier to get a job.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
oh yeha forgot about that, i was thinking about oil and i forgot that there are other stuff that come from crude oil.

still, those other renewable energy fields would definitely pick up in the coming years, whereas petroleum would probably remain constant.

i spose petroleum would be good too, since everything uses crude oil.

angrygeorge

HSC
I was interested in the mining course but I would rather not live in some remote mine in the middle of the NT. Does anyone know to what degree graduates move in order to get jobs for mining in australia? Or is there some officework available etc?

Petroleum and chemical seem really interesting as well, natural gas would be available for a while but i would have to agree after 50 years or something everything will be green or what-not.

The last thing I want to do is an environmental study, (say for example how chemical X affects habitat Y). If its a small part of a course then fine thats ok i can bear through it but if thats what mainly comprises the course i would not take it up, even if it had really good pay.

angrygeorge

HSC
i'm not guessing every petroleum engineer would be out of a job in 50 years, just saying all that green energy stuff will eventually comprise a lot of our energy resources, so lets say half lose their job by 2050 :D (jks hopefully)

Also what does fifo mean (im new btw) ? I always read it but have never known the meaning of it.

Any info on the bachelor electrical (power) degree at usyd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)