Which Option/Elective Will You Be Doing? (1 Viewer)

Which Option Will You Be Doing?

• Total voters

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Judging by your other subjects, I think you would too. I can imagine Forensics being a breeze for those who already understand DNA, proteins and mass spectrometry - because that's pretty much all of it.
I dont think spectromerty is in the physics syllabus, but none the less a previous knowledge of spectometry, DNA, and proteins would provide the basics for forensics. But i think a strong knowledge of organic chemistry (from POM) is also needed.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Rivvy dear, there's a big big difference between watching CSI and answering a 7-marker on how electrophoresis separates amino acids.
Rivvy dear...LOL

neway, go forensics! its easy, its simple, it can be enjoyable!

oh, and riviet, about those CSI things...the closest u will get to it is distinguishing between organic/inorganic substances, the applications of different properties of certain substances to lead to suspects (e.g. different spectrographs of paint can determine the car manufacturer), the morals and ethics involved with forensics, and DNA banks.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
Rivvy dear, there's a big big difference between watching CSI and answering a 7-marker on how electrophoresis separates amino acids.
Mountain.Dew said:
Rivvy dear...LOL

neway, go forensics! its easy, its simple, it can be enjoyable!

oh, and riviet, about those CSI things...the closest u will get to it is distinguishing between organic/inorganic substances, the applications of different properties of certain substances to lead to suspects (e.g. different spectrographs of paint can determine the car manufacturer), the morals and ethics involved with forensics, and DNA banks.
Hey that was 3 months ago :lol:, my frame of mind was very different then! :D
Unfortunately I don't do biology, nor am I watching CSI or that interested in the work they do [anymore]. But thanks for clarifying the major difference in how the two actually have little relation. :)

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
Hey that was 3 months ago :lol:, my frame of mind was very different then! :D
Unfortunately I don't do biology, nor am I watching CSI or that interested in the work they do. But thanks for clarifying the major difference in how the two actually have little relation. :)
haha that's different from before lol

s2indie

HSC
At my school, we're also doing "Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservation".

Illena

Jakarta (hee hee I'm not in Australia ^^)
HSC
Industrial Chemistry, for instance. I don't like to cut open corpse :mad1: and CSI is enough for me. Well that shipwreck is quite a good option but I don't think it'll be useful to me. Biochemistry, Biotech, etc are too specific. It's hard to get other topic in university if I'm doing that biochem or biotech because I'm not planning to do biology in university

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)