Which poems for Yeats? (1 Viewer)

Hatta

HSC
Which/ how many poems did people use for Yeats?

I used The Second Coming and Byzantium, was going to use Sailing to Byzantium but couldn't make it work with the others well enough (also, we keep getting scolded for using STB and B in one essay)

jokerj

HSC
i've really hated yeats all year and was cheering when it was such a general question to answer
i did when you are old"which is like so easy haha
then the second coming which i really liked
and a little on the wild swans at coole to fill a bit extra
did 7.5 pgs which i was happy with coz yeats is my worst

henry08

HSC
N/A
hatta what move is your avatar from? I watched it on dvd a few weeks ago and can't remember the name.

Hatta

HSC
henry08 said:
hatta what movie is your avatar from? I watched it on dvd a few weeks ago and can't remember the name.
"Black Books", an English tv series.

-::Sanni::-

HSC
I did the Yeats section first and I chose 'When you are old' and 'The Wild Swans at Coole'. The two most easiest poems out of the whole lot!!! XD I had some notes for Sailing to Byzantium and Second Coming but my brain wasn't functioning yesterday nor this morning so nothing stayed in my head and hence I took the easy way out... *sigh*

lollypoplady

HSC
I did The Second Coming, Sailing to Byzantium and Byzantium. Why is it bad to do the latter two together in one essay?? Never heard of that.... and slightly worried coz my essay was quite the bomb

Katieeee

HSC
I used 'Easter 1916' and 'The Second Coming'. I didn't think the question too bad - very broad though, I just hope I included enough detail.

Hatta

HSC
lollypoplady said:
I did The Second Coming, Sailing to Byzantium and Byzantium. Why is it bad to do the latter two together in one essay?? Never heard of that.... and slightly worried coz my essay was quite the bomb
It depends how you use them. My class got told just to do our best not to use them together, because pairing them up in questions about textual integrity doesn't work, they were written too far apart.

I got a damn good scolding for doing that in my trials. I wrote about the benefits of experiencing STB and B as a whole or as separate texts, blah blah textual integrity. The only comment I got aside from a scolding was "that was disappointing." ... I felt like bawling my eyes out :uhoh:

Lordie

HSC
I did When You Are Old and The Second Coming. :) Worked well with the question.

lollypoplady

HSC
Hatta said:
It depends how you use them. My class got told just to do our best not to use them together, because pairing them up in questions about textual integrity doesn't work, they were written too far apart.

I got a damn good scolding for doing that in my trials. I wrote about the benefits of experiencing STB and B as a whole or as separate texts, blah blah textual integrity. The only comment I got aside from a scolding was "that was disappointing." ... I felt like bawling my eyes out :uhoh:
ahhh shit. i did that!! God damn....... except i did it in terms of 'memorability' because together and separately they convey such a powerful vision etc, played down (to an accepted extent) the individual integrity of each. hope that's ok.. eeeek...

Hatta

HSC
lollypoplady said:
ahhh shit. i did that!! God damn....... except i did it in terms of 'memorability' because together and separately they convey such a powerful vision etc, played down (to an accepted extent) the individual integrity of each. hope that's ok.. eeeek...
*shrugs* My teacher isn't an hsc marker and tends to have strong views on everything (EVERYTHING), so maybe it was just getting over-exaggerated and doesn't make that much of a difference.

lollypoplady

HSC
Hatta said:
*shrugs* My teacher isn't an hsc marker and tends to have strong views on everything (EVERYTHING), so maybe it was just getting over-exaggerated and doesn't make that much of a difference.
haha.. thanks.

HSC
I used The Wild Swans at Coole and The Second Coming.. I think this was my worst section.. didn't prepare enough techniques and it didn't allow me to talk about all my points =[

nayxx

HSC
sailing to byzantium, second coming. the question was really broad so any poem would've gone well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)