Which related texts? (1 Viewer)

spiiiders

Hey all.
Wondering which related texts you're all doing tomorrow?
Do you think they'll mark you down for doing Who Framed Roger Rabbit? It's a really good example of hard-boiled, im just worried they'll see it as a bit immature (althought its clearly not). But i know it really well.

TheHeretic

spiiiders said:
Hey all.
Wondering which related texts you're all doing tomorrow?
Do you think they'll mark you down for doing Who Framed Roger Rabbit? It's a really good example of hard-boiled, im just worried they'll see it as a bit immature (althought its clearly not). But i know it really well.
Max Payne

and

R.H. Gettaclue in: "Mystery"

Fairly obscure texts. My creative is a twist on a famous childrens bedtime story: so if you go down, im going down with you ;-)

tomcats 72

HSC
I'm doing Chinatown and The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency.
As long as the texts are cf, it shouldn't matter whether they're childish. In fact they are prob really good to use because you can talk about how cf has been adapted to children, an example of how it's continual adaptation overtime has lead to it's appeal and popularity.

spiiiders

down together then :p
you're creative sounds interesting... i really dont know what to do for mine yet :s

I can write hard-coiled or noir stuff really well, i think, but do you think that'd suck too much, sticking to conventions and being cliche?

spiiiders

thanks tomcats, thats a good idea!
the other text im doing is The Dogs Are Barking, by John Dale

tomcats 72

HSC
Well I've never heard of that one. As long as a cf text as some conventions you can use it. you can either say well this text fits perfectly within the genre because of blah, blah, blah; or say well this is a crime fiction text but it subverts the conventions fo the genre because of blah, blah, blah, then continue on to say, this is because blah, blah,blah.
hope that isn't to confusing lol

TheHeretic

spiiiders said:
down together then :p
you're creative sounds interesting... i really dont know what to do for mine yet :s

I can write hard-coiled or noir stuff really well, i think, but do you think that'd suck too much, sticking to conventions and being cliche?
In terms of creative, [in my opinion] the worst thing you could possibly do is walk in with a story that starts with a detective, a murder occurs, and finishes with a criminal being caught. The genre is -extremely- diverse and some of the best CF stories I have read don't even have a detective! Sure, you can pull off a conventional story and get great marks, but you aren't capping your potential. Its scary how many almost identical stories are going to be submitted to the board.

I don't want to give away too much about mine, but it involves gangster rabbits. Its not a parody per-say, just a really really strange story. The detective himself makes a very minor appearance.

Good luck either way! :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Personally I'm using Dorothy Porter's "The Monkey's Mask" as well as the watchmen arc of Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" series. That way if they ask for two relateds they get two, and if they ask more then I only need expand my second set.

Also as tomcats has said above there is nothing wrong with "Who Frame Roger Rabbit" and iit is quite a good idea to use as it may bring a more fresh perspective to your essay.:)

EDIT:
Heretic said:
I don't want to give away too much about mine, but it involves gangster rabbits. Its not a parody per-say, just a really really strange story. The detective himself makes a very minor appearance.
Thats um, quite scary:eek: ...my story in the trial involved a cult of rabbits

Last edited:

tomcats 72

HSC
well rabits seem to be a recurring relationship between your cf stories, maybe you should start up another cf sub genre that involves rabbits...... *sighs* the things that amuse my bored mind.

spiiiders

just like to add.... the Crime fiction Success in HSC book saved me. I love this book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)