Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Gridiron

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 18 13.2%

• Total voters

firehose

HSC
Out of all of them I like Cricket and Soccer the best, although cricket is starting to bore me coz the Australians win too much. European Soccer is the best.
European Handball, Basketball and Volleyball are all cool sports, although admittedly i only ever watch handball and volleyball during Olympics times and i hardly follow basketball. Play it at school quite often though.
AFL is ok i guess. Union is MUCH better than league, not only is it better to watch and has much better international competition, the union players don't spend their spare time drunken and entering womens' dorms.
Not really into Gridiron, although the Superbowl is always something good to follow.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Is this watching or playing? Cause I enjoy playing Soccer but I've only ever watched Rugby League and Soccer highlights. I play Basketball occasionally but I haven't watched it in 10 years.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Tennis if you meant watching and "surfing" the net if you meant playing :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
Football as in 'soccer'!:D

And how come Futsal didnt make the cut??

matt#1

HSC
N/A
guess whos back said:
fuck i hate soccer

its so slow and boring
I bet that you are one of those yobbo NRL types. Football (soccer) is by far the best sport. It is no wonder that it is the most popular sport in the world.

Don't take me wrongly though...i do like the NRL. It's just that I hate it when people dismiss sports such as soccer just because they aren't popular in this country.

Last edited:

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
matt#1 said:
I bet that you are one of those yobbo NRL types. Football (soccer) is by far the best sport. It is no wonder that it is the most popular sport in the world.

Don't take me wrongly though...i do like the NRL. It's just that I hate it when people dismiss sports such as soccer just because they aren't popular in this country.
That is sooooo true

Danoz The Great

HSC
matt#1 said:

I second that notion - wait - THIRD it :)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
isnt it pathetic that most people prefer soccor, but nobody actually goes to watch the game live.

berghousemaa

HSC
I have some theories on the popularity of soccer.
Soccer can be played almost anywhere. There doesn't need to be a field of any sort and even the most rudimentary of objects that can be kicked will suffice.Hell even obstacles in the playground can be dealt with. It is safe to play in an urban environment and costs nothing to play.
This all means it has enjoyed tremendous popularity in poorer countries.
Compare this with Cricket or rugby. To actually play you have to have a field and a team of atleast 8. Plus you can't really play rugby socially becaus of the danger. Both sports but in particular cricket are also really expensive, limiting their popularity.

And don't ever use the excuse that soccer is the most popular sport therefore the best. Britney Spears is the most popular musical artist, rubbish films dominate the box office charts and trashy books like teh Da Vinci Code are number 1. The masses aren't terribly bright.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
mr_speedy said:
isnt it pathetic that most people prefer soccor, but nobody actually goes to watch the game live.
If Australia had a domestic league worth watching...im sure plenty of people would flock to see football games. The introduction of the A-League may result in more people actually going to games.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
berghousemaa said:
I have some theories on the popularity of soccer.
Soccer can be played almost anywhere. There doesn't need to be a field of any sort and even the most rudimentary of objects that can be kicked will suffice.Hell even obstacles in the playground can be dealt with. It is safe to play in an urban environment and costs nothing to play.
This all means it has enjoyed tremendous popularity in poorer countries.
Compare this with Cricket or rugby. To actually play you have to have a field and a team of atleast 8. Plus you can't really play rugby socially becaus of the danger. Both sports but in particular cricket are also really expensive, limiting their popularity.
Football (soccer) is also very popular in developed countries, eg- England, France, Germany, etc...so I think that your theory is a load of bull. Like so many others, You only like cricket and Rugby because these are sports which are popular in Australia. I suggest that you look past the end of your nose for a change and see for yourself how great the world game really is.

HSC
matt#1 said:

HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
That is sooooo true
dani_danoz said:
I second that notion - wait - THIRD it :)

well no,actually.......i prefer cricket, even though it can be slow theres still a lot more going on than someone passing a ball to and from each other........i mean if 3 goals are scored in a game, it's classified as a ripper of a game......how slow and boring

berghousemaa

HSC
matt#1 said:
Football (soccer) is also very popular in developed countries, eg- England, France, Germany, etc...so I think that your theory is a load of bull. Like so many others, You only like cricket and Rugby because these are sports which are popular in Australia. I suggest that you look past the end of your nose for a change and see for yourself how great the world game really is.
yeah and it's played by those at the lower end of the class system. So I think my theory still holds creedence.
The boring nature of soccer can be best seen by the innumerable riots.With fans having so much passion for their temas they get bored by the goings on of the game and fights ensue.In no other sport does this happen.
I am well aware by the way that your allegiance to a sport is based on your demographic and location.However I can still enjoy AFL, Ice Hockey and so many other sports not played in NSW. I have just come to the conclusion that soccer is too frustrating and boring to watch, what with the endless goal scoring potentials let off the hook ie no build up of pressure.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
guess whos back said:
well no,actually.......i prefer cricket, even though it can be slow theres still a lot more going on than someone passing a ball to and from each other........i mean if 3 goals are scored in a game, it's classified as a ripper of a game......how slow and boring
pfft...how can you call Football more boring than cricket. Watching a cricket test match is like watching grass grow for 5 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)