• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which subject do you find the most boring so far? (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't change :uhoh:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't change :uhoh:
There are still a lot of options, you know. You can choose to do 4 Unit Mathematics this year term 3 to make up another unit and drop MH.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
adidasboy said:
I love economics, it's like the only subject where you can put 100% of the knowledge into use in the real world. Can't wait to do a Commerce degree in Uni.
not really.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
There are still a lot of options, you know. You can choose to do 4 Unit Mathematics this year term 3 to make up another unit and drop MH.
No I mean, I don't want to do Modern History anymore, at all. I don't want to wait till Year 12.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
True. Modern History may be a problem but Chemistry is an important subject for the science-related university courses, especially Medicine. If you can't choose Chemistry, which is assumed knowledge of the majority of the science-related courses, then what happens there? There are bridging courses, but wouldn't it be much preferred to get Chemistry out of the way and start that science-related university course with ease? That's another problem if you wish to do a science-related university course, and Aplus would probably prefer more options for his science related course other than Biomedical Engineering in the future, which I've heard that it's hard to find a job with Biomed engineering.

Other than that, good luck in switching from modern history to chemistry Aplus :).

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, basically like every science course has chemistry as assumed knowledge, and that's what's worrying me a lot.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Yeah, basically like every science course has chemistry as assumed knowledge, and that's what's worrying me a lot.
Despite that fact, I highly recommend you to look at Chemistry textbook or something to see if you are really interested in the contents.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There's always bridging courses, I suppose.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I guess it's best to make use of this time and learn the subjects that really interest us. Not the subjects which we think will dictate our future university courses. In the future, your desired careers and courses may change. Also, this period of time is supposed to be the most exciting time of our lives so make the most of it by pursuing yourselves in subjects which you love. In 10 or 15 years time everyone will be working/supporting their families/paying tax etc. so you really have to make the most of this time and make sure you enjoy every moment of it. Time is precious and you have to savour every moment of it.

*Sorry, my post went of on a tangent*

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
every eng ad class, without fail, i will go in sit down and spend most of my time staring at the clock, unless my crazy teacher is dictating at the speed of light that is.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Mine is Chemistry all the way. There is no need to highlight it over and over again but I would like to openly express my aversion towards it.

Through this open notification, I hope that no one continues with this pathetic subject where all the contents are totally bizarre and absurd.

selablad

HSC
^ Don't listen to him, chemistry is awesome :D It's the only science subject which I really get on a profound level, probably because it deals with such profound and fundamental topics :)

However, in the spirit of warning people against taking subjects, DON'T DO BIOLOGY! In fact, take lyounamu's post, replace "chemistry" with "biology" and you have my feelings towards it precisely :anger:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
selablad said:
^ Don't listen to him, chemistry is awesome :D It's the only science subject which I really get on a profound level, probably because it deals with such profound and fundamental topics :)

However, in the spirit of warning people against taking subjects, DON'T DO BIOLOGY! In fact, take lyounamu's post, replace "chemistry" with "biology" and you have my feelings towards it precisely :anger:
Hahahahahahahahaha...

Don't worry. I also hold significant aversion towards Biology even though I am undisputedly the top in that course.

I actually do not hate Chemistry to the level where I want to commit suicide myself, I just do not enjoy it and I did not perform as well as I expected. I reckon Chemistry would work against my UAI if I choose to continue.

The Hippy

HSC
english has run itself into the ground. Pointless boring crap, i've learnt jackshit (so far)

selablad

HSC
lyounamu said:
By the way, how do you learn Japanese by yourself
My only advice is to do something that you seem to do anyway, and that is watch anime :D

Everyone who beat me in Japanese last year watched anime and/or read manga, near constantly...so it must have worked, by some kind of immersion principle or something :uhhuh:

selablad

HSC
lyounamu said:
No point in watching anime & manga if there are English subtitles.

But if I read them without subtitles I won't understand anything.

If I partially read subtitles (e.g. every second line) I still won't understand either.

If I read 90% of subtitles (e.g. every 10 lines), I still won't understand perfectly either.

Oh well, my only option is to give my dream up (for the time being).
Well, I think they knew some Japanese in the first place...but I do something similar for German (well German movies/books/songs), I watch in English first, then I know what's going on, and I look up a few key words in German. Then when those words come up in the film, I know them, and I think I'm really cool because I can "speak German". :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)