• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which subjects need tutoring (1 Viewer)

iane

HSC
Hi.

I am currently in year 11 and I am in a public high school.

I am doing Extension Math, Extension English ( I'm going to drop that ), Biology, Chemistry and Business Studies

I was just wondering on what subjects I should focus tutoring on, I have seen many tuition centres for Biology not so much for Business. I am currently tutoring for Math and Chemistry. I also know that Biology and Business Studies are very much content and as long as you read through the textbook and memorise everything you should be fine right?

If tutoring is not needed, what are some recommendations as to ways that I should study and go ahead with my school's syllabus? ( Some of my school subjects need to cover new content even after trials. I don't know if that's normal but I would hope to have some more time to revise ) Is the best way just to read the text book more until you know it inside out.

Thanks.

shoulfer

HSC
Hi.

I am currently in year 11 and I am in a public high school.

I am doing Extension Math, Extension English ( I'm going to drop that ), Biology, Chemistry and Business Studies

I was just wondering on what subjects I should focus tutoring on, I have seen many tuition centres for Biology not so much for Business. I am currently tutoring for Math and Chemistry. I also know that Biology and Business Studies are very much content and as long as you read through the textbook and memorise everything you should be fine right?

If tutoring is not needed, what are some recommendations as to ways that I should study and go ahead with my school's syllabus? ( Some of my school subjects need to cover new content even after trials. I don't know if that's normal but I would hope to have some more time to revise ) Is the best way just to read the text book more until you know it inside out.

Thanks.
just x1 and chem, but its really up to you on those 2 the other subjects are very manageable without

Asturo2009

HSC
In terms of biology, reading the textbook and knowing the content is very important. However, what will differentiate you from other students is your ability to answer questions. So, in terms of biology it is good to have a tutor- even if you only see them once a fortnight. For instance, I have students that I see once a fortnight for biology, whereby we go through any hard concepts and how to answer questions as well as feedback from questions sent and marked during the time between lessons. However, if someone really struggles with content this method may not work and they need lessons weekly. But, it seems that you may able to do with understanding most of the content yourself, just remember to constantly practice questions and it is always good to have someone look over them. Especially, harder 6/7/8 markers which require more than just regurgitated information. Hope this helps and Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)