Which textbook for Year 12 acceleration? (1 Viewer)

JasonNg

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm a preliminary student planning on accelerating the hsc 3-unit course throughout these holidays and next term. I would really like to get as much done as possible. What do you guys think is a good textbook to assist in doing that? I'm thinking of getting the new coroneos year 12 simplified edition volume 2. I already have the Fitzpatrick 3-unit and I also have a digital copy of the year 12 3-unit Cambridge textbook but I'm afraid the Cambridge would be a little too much as I'm only accelerating and looking to rather learn the concepts than just using the textbook for questions. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

iBibah

HSC
Learning concepts doesn't help if you don't put them into practice. For the best understanding of concepts, use cambridge. I heard coronoes was good but i haven't tried it.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Maths in Focus despite it's flaws with its questions, is quite good when it comes to explaining concepts

but in all honesty, a Fitz and Cambridge should be fine, providing you at least try applying what you learn to questions, you'll find learning that way to be fairly effective

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I'm a preliminary student planning on accelerating the hsc 3-unit course throughout these holidays and next term. I would really like to get as much done as possible. What do you guys think is a good textbook to assist in doing that? I'm thinking of getting the new coroneos year 12 simplified edition volume 2. I already have the Fitzpatrick 3-unit and I also have a digital copy of the year 12 3-unit Cambridge textbook but I'm afraid the Cambridge would be a little too much as I'm only accelerating and looking to rather learn the concepts than just using the textbook for questions. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
+1 for Cambridge! Use Fitzy and Terry as Supplements. Stay away from Maths in Focus like the plague.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)