Which textbook is the best? (1 Viewer)

Lachyy

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I'm tossing between A creative business one or an excel one. I dislike the Jacaranda ones they lend out at school as it has a lot of unnecessary information in it and lacks clarity at times.

Muzzammil Shah

HSC
Hi, personally i prefered the creative business one. I found that the format was a lot more systematic and easily absorbale as opposed to Excel. I tend to write up my own notes so working from creative business suited my needs a lot better than Excel.

By the way if your interested in precise, detailed, syllabus supported business notes do send me a PM.

Hope it helps.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I don't think i would use excel as my sole textbook, sure it's good as another source for study notes etc but it lacks detail in my opinion. My school uses the Jacaranda textbook, however as you said it goes off on a tangent quite a bit, however i would rather have additional information then not enough.

Examine

same
HSC
(Probably really late) though Creative Business Studies also provides really nice case studies for quite a lot of dot points.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Cambridge is good for a general understanding , but business studies in action is great for in depth answers .

B33FS00P

Dwight K. Schrute
HSC
I can't really speak for any others but i used Business Studies in Action and i would probably have to say it was the best textbook i had during my HSC. Since my teacher was shit i basically had to teach myself, used solely that book and still managed to do well. It can be text heavy at times however it's in a nice + easy to use format and if you're prepared to put in the time i think it pays off in the long run.

Examine

same
HSC
Cambridge is good for a general understanding , but business studies in action is great for in depth answers .
I'm personally not a fan of Cambridge because it didn't cover some of the dotpoints and I felt it didn't provide enough information like Business Studies in Action did.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm personally not a fan of Cambridge because it didn't cover some of the dotpoints and I felt it didn't provide enough information like Business Studies in Action did.
Agreed :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)