• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which tutoring centres pay is tutors the most (1 Viewer)

kkk579

hello
HSC
du is popular amongst ruse students in particular, and their trials and exams are known to be quite wild, so du's materials which focus on harder wilder problems are meant to help them get accustomed to seeing these kinds of questions and thus ace those exams (at least that's what i think)

and never underestimate how much the parents of a selective kid are willing to pay for their child's tutoring tbh. they'll do whatever it takes as long as their kid ends up getting the good marks
i’ve heard du just takes a lot of his problems out of textbooks?? the main ones i’ve heard is signpost, cambridge and terry lee (if i’m not mistaken).

kkk579

hello
HSC
Also i heard kurt was a place full of selective students, but it seems like more Ruse kids go to Du rather than kurt. I heard kurt problems are way harder than Du problems + it’s cheaper so i wonder why they don’t go there instead if the whole purpose is for the difficult material.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Also i heard kurt was a place full of selective students, but it seems like more Ruse kids go to Du rather than kurt. I heard kurt problems are way harder than Du problems + it’s cheaper so i wonder why they don’t go there instead if the whole purpose is for the difficult material.
kurt is more 'obscure' in a sense? no website and stuff i think. also the idea of having 8 hour detentions at a literal tutoring centre you pay for might disillusion people from attending (source: i have friends who attend kurt though 8 hours may be exaggerated by them)

nathanzhou1234

HSC
Can someone tell me why Dr Du is so expensive? Is it because his teaching and materials are EXTREMELY good or is it just because it’s very popular with the selective students who they know are willing to pay hefty sums of money
I think dr du is kinda overrated. I just went there cos they were giving free money for state ranks. They paid me $2800 for coming 2nd in mx2 and i quit after 2 terms so I think I made a profit. I left cos they didn't really mark ur work properly

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
depends tho. You're paying the extra premium to do classes in a room that wasn't built in the ice age (cough, cough Kurt). And A1+A2 classes are about 1-1.5yrs ahead of content until hsc. As an additional note, you won't need to be held in for detentions (for a centre you pay for). Du also gives fking 8-9 hw questions for each topic, with an additional 9 for theory questions. So all in all theres a tonne of resources on you when exams come in.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
I think dr du is kinda overrated. I just went there cos they were giving free money for state ranks. They paid me $2800 for coming 2nd in mx2 and i quit after 2 terms so I think I made a profit. I left cos they didn't really mark ur work properly
You got a fair point htough, I did find instances where they rushed marking and accidently marked incorrect answers wrong and correct answers incorrect.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
i’ve heard du just takes a lot of his problems out of textbooks?? the main ones i’ve heard is signpost, cambridge and terry lee (if i’m not mistaken).
They periodically do add in txtbook qns (personally I haven't seen any yet)- When they are used though, they are usually proof qns.

kkk579

hello
HSC
kurt gives like 50 qns to do. some people i know actually value the detentions as it lets them revise and it's free.
I agree, I don’t see the detentions as bad things tbh, it just shows that he actually cares about the how well the students are performing and it’s a way to get them to take tutoring seriously. Plus I don’t think the classrooms are major factor at all when it comes to tutoring centres. As long as the teaching is good I reckon most good students would be willing to deal with the bad classrooms.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Bro the whole poinmt of the detention is to punish lmao, why ya'll making it seem like its a good thing. Despite what people say about it, it affects people's reputation regardless on wherever they go to undertake it

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
For a centre known for that sort of system is placed, it's obviously going to be discouraged (ie why less ruse students go there) as it's impractical as a tuition centre to employ detentions.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
if you fail, then you get detention. i think this is logical as it makes them revise the stuff they did wrong. i don't get the reputation part ??
is it true that they get to revise work during detention? when my friend went to detention apparently she wasn't allowed to do anything, just sit there...

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Regardless on if someone failed, they should be demoted or if all else fails removed from the centre completely if their progress is reducing the pace for the whole class. You are obliged to an education when you do tuition not mfing discipline.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
why has this turned into a dr du vs kurt debate 💀
Bc apparently these people find recieving detentions from a tuition company is practical and are a form of 'opportunities'. Just imagine talking to someone one day, they ask 'did you receive a detention before?' and you respond w/ 'Not at school, but I got about 12-13 in a tuition centre'-- Bro nah I can't take this shit man😭, ya'll must be trolling or smn.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Apparently if they get less than 80% in an exam, they have to stay in and do it again 😭

THEY GOT CAMERAS WATCHING STUDENTS OML 💀 😂

kkk579

hello
HSC
Apparently if they get less than 80% in an exam, they have to stay in and do it again 😭

THEY GOT CAMERAS WATCHING STUDENTS OML 💀 😂
I’m pretty sure it’s 50%?
Lol what’s wrong with the cameras, it’s so he can keep track of what they’re doing when he’s gone. I’m sure yk how students act when the teacher have left the classroom.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
who cares because in the end pre-uni is the best tutoring centre ever and the only tutoring centre that deserves a right to exist 🙏 🙏

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)