• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Uni had the best reputation for Bachelor of Education (primary)? (1 Viewer)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
louise08 said:
possibly UOW as we were awarded last year for excellent teaching, which i think included the education faculty.

X

xeuyrawp

Weh at all these unqualified remarks?

Louise: It's really hard to tell you what the "best" uni is, or what has the "best reputation". Unlike law or medicine, in looking for a job in primary teaching, your uni's not a big factor. What matters is your practical experience, your personality, and resume generally.

The better unis will get you practical experience from an early stage - that's something to look for, imo. Chose a uni that appeals to you, get good marks, and get your experience up. Make sure your work hard in your pracs and other work so you get good references.

louise08

HSC
Without Wings said:
Agreed

I personally chose UOW as I believed it was a great uni/excellent primary ed course - i.e. opportunities, practicum, time in schools starting from your first few weeks of uni. I'm happy with my choice and will recommend it to others, but on that note you have to make the decision on what suits you best. Let me know if you want info/opinions on UOW.
Thanks I am leaning towards UOW atm, but that was just purely because I liked the sound of it and its atmosphere. I go to a school in the heart of the city atm so I'm thinking it will be a good change.
Are you doing the course Bachelor of Education (primary)??

louise08

HSC
Without Wings said:
Good choice ;)
If you haven't been to UOW you should come down one day and get a tour around, speak with some people from the Education Faculty etc. Really gives you a feel for the uni and more information.

In response to your question, I graduated with B. Teaching (Primary) last year [took 3 years] and doing B. Education (Primary) [1 year upgrade] this year. These days you have to do a straight B. Education (primary) though, which is the equivalent of what I did.
thanks for your help.
Does B. Education (primary) offer 'honors' in the last year or the course?
I read somewhere that it did.. I'm thinking that would be a great motivation.

Also if your from a 'shire' school you receive 3 bonus points.. I've lived in the shire all my life and attended a shire primary school and high school. But I had to move to a city high school to get my wanted subjects for year 11 and 12.. do you think I stand a chance at receiving any of those points?

Thanks again!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)