Which uni is best for B Commerce Degree? (1 Viewer)

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
I am a yr 12 student, and Im wondering which uni has the best, or is known to have the best commerce course? I also heard that UNSW is better because the building for the commerce faculty is like right in the middle of the uni, whereas USYD has there faculty on the outside on the other road. Which is the best one to go to??

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahhahaha....a place is better not because of education but because of a 2 minute extra walk :p Love your logic. Also fail to state that unsw is more difficult to get to from drummoyne.

What are you think of majoring in? UNSW/USYD have different strengths

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
Im thinking of majoring in Management & Marketing, n i heard that UNSW just has a better commerce course than USYD, i dunno. But yeh, itl be like an extra 20 mins from USYD from where I live so that kinda suks, but i spose whichever ones the best for the course is what I'll try n go to

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Langrepa said:
Im thinking of majoring in Management & Marketing, n i heard that UNSW just has a better commerce course than USYD, i dunno. But yeh, itl be like an extra 20 mins from USYD from where I live so that kinda suks, but i spose whichever ones the best for the course is what I'll try n go to
why would u do b commerce for mgmt/mktg. you could do something like commerce (liberal studies) or Eco and Soc Sci (as you could major in IR/HRM but the subjects for that are practically identical to management).
Marketing isn't that good at unsw from what I hear. My tutor is an ex-unsw lecturer and is saying that she finds it better here. A current unsw lecturer/usyd tutor agrees. As of next year, too, we are getting heaps more marketing courses including advertising!!!

Furthermore, the management (or IR/HRM) course in usyd is far far better than possibly anywhere in Australia. We have amazing academics teaching and usyd is very much at the forefront in this field.

sam_account

HSC
which uni would be best for major in finance & accounting--usyd or unsw??
thanks

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HurricanE said:
UTS- management and marketing is pretty good, chek out the course handbook on the main uts site for details on specific units.
uts specific management courses are great (i.e. if you wish to get into a smaller area of management) but its not known for teaching quality. If management type stuff (such as HR ) is what youre going into for sure after leaving, then yes - i do recommend UTS. UTS marketing, however is not renowned at all for its quality.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sam_account said:
thanks
unsw has an excellent accounting school.
however, as i have stressed many times, employers won't necessarily give u leverage from going to unsw as opposed to usyd and vice versa.
What kind of person are you? If you're more a social person who wants to get involved in uni life - usyd. If you're more a person who wishes to get an excellent thorough world-renowned accounting education: unsw

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
ToO LaZy ^* said:
as 1time said, accounting is probably better at unsw than at usyd.
however, if youre more interested in finance, usyd is the place to be.
Why do you think that? (not that it's a bad thing)

HSC
sam_account said:
thanks
as 1time said, accounting is probably better at unsw than at usyd.
however, if youre more interested in finance, usyd is the place to be.

sarevok

HSC
there is essentially no difference between usyd and unsw bcomm. this has been debated 10000000 times on this forum

sarevok

HSC
yes, unsw won award for accounting research from american study. but then usyd was first uni in australia to get accredited by aacsb soooo *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)