• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which uni should i go to for engineering (1 Viewer)

bensta666

HSC
got a uai of 85 and just wondering which uni provides the best engineering course, civil that is.

bensta666

HSC
oh k thanks, nah i live in pagewood so it like round the corner.

bensta666

HSC
is it still possible to get in even though i got 85. would i have to wait for later rounds?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
in the engineering firm I work at one of the electrical engineers was from UNSW who was hired on the spot the moment he graduated. My employer says he's a brilliant individual whos standard of work is very consistent.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
bensta666 said:
is it still possible to get in even though i got 85. would i have to wait for later rounds?
Dude... i fucking got 72.15 and i got into mechatronic engineering, cutoff 88.
Of course you'll get in. HSC plus points, man.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
John Oliver said:
UNSW without doubt. It might be slightly out of the way for you depending on where you live, but they have the most money, the best facilities and the best track record for engineering employment.

Do not go to UTS though, I recently transferred from UTS to UNSW because UTS' engineering program was so bad. UTS is the equivalent of TAFE for engineering.

I also know that people are jumping ship from USYD to UNSW, but I can't speak to the quality of the USYD engineering program.

Choose UNSW; you won't regret it.
dont believe this post everyone. reason my nolan left UTS is because he was bulled and harassed day in day out and simply couldn't stand it anymore. Nolan was picking fights every day with just about anyone and got belted. id say got to UTS or UNSW for civil. anything else stick with UNSW. DONT GO TO USYD

Misz

HSC
Omie Jay said:
my mate just got his uai back and he got 63 any chance of him gettin into engineering?

Last edited:

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
can you speak english?
if he lives in western sydney then he is elligble for an extra 5 UAI point. the cut off for UWS is 68.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: which uni should i go to for engineering

bensta666 said:
got a uai of 85 and just wondering which uni provides the best engineering course, civil that is.
UNSW

Did you know, if you get Chris Tisdell as your 1st or 2nd year mathematics lecturer, you will never regret it!??!?

Also,
since you are considering civil, the head of school Stephen Foster is quite the friendly chap.
When enrolling, there is a compulsory design-oriented course for all majors, the civil one involves designing a simple model bridge subject to weight and material constraints.
A lot of fun.

There are more ladies in the civil stream of courses at UNSW.

Omie Jay said:
holy shit what about FEAS

big8oyjames said:
dont believe this post everyone. reason my nolan left UTS is because he was bulled and harassed day in day out and simply couldn't stand it anymore. Nolan was picking fights every day with just about anyone and got belted. id say got to UTS or UNSW for civil. anything else stick with UNSW. DONT GO TO USYD
lololol.
this must be an isolated case, a friend who is an ict/software engo is loving his stay at uts.

Misz

HSC
big8oyjames said:
can you speak english?
if he lives in western sydney then he is elligble for an extra 5 UAI point. the cut off for UWS is 68.
aw right ok.. thanx

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: which uni should i go to for engineering

nolan HAHAHAHAHHA! ROFLMAO. ill admit a lot of the course subjects are fillers. LOL. in my 2 years of uni ive so far done 3 subject related to civil engineering. ( 2 being maths subjects) HAHAHHAHA! but isnt that for all unis? c'mon, stop talking about UNSW like its king shit. why did you really leave UTS?

edit: your posts just crack me up though ROFLMAO. fuck you.

edit: ive done a few more subjects (fluid mechanics, chemistry etc etc. with credits...but i dont know anything if i was asked a question about them. infact, for fluid mechanics, a person in year 3 can pass it.)

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
unsw is too fuckin far
so i transferred to usyd

i was seriously considering mq engineering.. its relli close.. & they do a bunch electronic related degrees.. but in the end i didnt have the balls for mq engineering

M@ster P

HSC

John Oliver said:
Haven't done any filler subjects at UNSW yet and it doesn't look like I really have any of them to do. Nothing like EFS, Design Funds, Net Comms etc. I did like 30cp of filler subjects at UTS that I was forced to do, meaning yeah, one whole fucking semester down the drain for nonsense not related to my course; great.

Also the shit that we did for one whole subject at UTS was just a fraction of the first coding assignment at UNSW in one of my subjects; the disparity is amazing.

Also UNSW has funding for their courses and their Engineering department is revered instead of treated like shit at UTS, where they get no money and absolutely fuck all respect in regards to buildings, etc.

UNSW is pretty much 100x better for the same degree, I wish I'd gone there from the start instead of effectively wasting two years of my life at UTS.

I left because I didn't want to waste 5 years of my life (Including one year of MANDATORY ENGINEERING PLACEMENT where you get paid fuck all money to do nothing interesting whatsoever, yeah, I'll give up a year of my life to get shoddy experience and get paid less than I'm currently earning now, great idea guys).

UNSW has the resources to give you the education you deserve and doesn't treat you like a child, their staff are helpful, their systems actually fucking work and their courses are top notch, unlike UTS.

All in all if you're considering going to UTS for anything Engineering related, don't.

Yeah welcome to the standard of learning at UTS, it's so all the deadshits who can barely count to 10 without saying 'uleh' can pass subjects.
Is Uts really this bad as you say it is?

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC

meh. i be if i spent a solid semster at UNSW i can come up with a bunch of problems aswell. so stfu or ill slap you.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC

John Oliver said:
Also UTS is infested with student politician types and you cannot get away from their shit come elections no matter HOW HARD YOU TRY.
this is the only point i can agree on.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

John Oliver said:
Oh and UNSW has heaps of international students that won't pull their weight in groupwork, however, this isn't very different from UTS which has loads of local students who are incapable of doing even the most basic elements of groupwork.
lol

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC

John Oliver said:
Oh and UNSW has heaps of international students that won't pull their weight in groupwork, however, this isn't very different from UTS which has loads of local students who are incapable of doing even the most basic elements of groupwork.
oh fucking c'mon. why you bragging about local students? srsly your just fucked. admit it, you had to do all the group work in shitty subjects like eng comm/maths2/ and design. ROFLMAO.

you cant compare local students from 2 different uni's. you just hooked up with wankers like yourself.

though i have heard at UNSW if your in a group you can some how rate group partners and that can effect their marks. wish UTS had that.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

big8oyjames said:
though i have heard at UNSW if your in a group you can some how rate group partners and that can effect their marks. wish UTS had that.
lol. So at UTS everyone gets the same mark?

That's pretty shit.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC

nolan, lets not make this personal. your just bad mouthing UTS because you spent solid 2 years here. i can probably agree on SOME of your points anyway. however, i can bad mouth UNSW just as much if i spend even a semester at UNSW. so stfu.

lol, assigned to with friends LOL. you don't have friends.

get over the Israeli and Nazi comparison. ok? it was supposed to be a metaphorically poetic comparison. you just fucking took it literally and ruined it. dickhead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)