• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which uni (1 Viewer)

HSC
i'm being constantly plagued by the advice of strangers as to which unis are 'good' and which i should go to. i figure you guys are strangers who actually know wat u're talking about, so i was just wondering which you reckon would look better to a future employer- law at ANU or at maquarie. perhaps it seems like a petty question, though i've had quite a few people ordering i go to one or the other as if my entire ability to get a job in the future depends solely on taking their advice- a bit dramatic i know but still. so confused... :uhoh:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
anu has more prestige that macquarie (5 stars as compared to 4 stars) - in the good unis guide.

i was also worried aboutthis exact thing, but in the end decided i would choose NOT based on prestige.

i'll tell you what to do - find some employers who are advertising for positions for the job you want. ring, and ask if it would make a difference.

if you live in canberra, you will have to move to go to mac. if you live in syd you will have to move to go to anu, uf you don't want to move, and prestige makes no real difference, choose where YOU want to go.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
with law prestige does matter, if you went to usyd you are more liekly to get into college of law

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Courtenay
with law prestige does matter, if you went to usyd you are more liekly to get into college of law
That's a huge generalisation, and is fairly exaggerated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)