Which University in Queensland is best for and exchange student? (criteria in post) (1 Viewer)

mac43

HSC
Hey all,

I'm interested in coming down to Australia as a bit of a soul searching kind of trip and while I'm at it, I would like to maybe take a few courses while I'm at it.

I've heard abit about UQ and Griffith but not enough to make a decision.

I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to which universities:
- has a friendly student body
- has the best social life
- is close to the coast for beaches and surfing
- is in a location that is "student friendly" (ie: close to bars, clubs, grocery stores, bus/train stations etc..)
- and any other pertinent information

The first 3 points are probably the most important to me.

Thanks for the help!

PS: I'm from Canada, if anybody cares.

artist91

HSC
uq meets all of your criteria apart from the surf. but really all of the qld unis are not near the surf apart from griffith i guess but it sucks. go to uq. the surf is less than an hr away on the highway :)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Come to unsw and u'll be like, 10 mins from coogee

mac43

HSC
I noticed that the St Lucia campus is on the coast, is it just that there are no good beaches or breaks around that area?

Thanks!

GinoIs

HSC
Think of it this way. Brisbane is about 40mins away from the coast. The more popular universities are located in and around Brisbane (UQ, QUT, Griffith) - These universities have a few campuses located in Queensland.

I would recommend UQ (University of QLD) if you're an exchange student and planning to live on campus.

It depends on what you're studying which determines which campus you are most likely to be at.

If you want the coast, and you have heaps of money, try Bond University.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)