Which university is best for business? (1 Viewer)

ali2536

HSC
I heard from other people that UTS is quite good! :) If you check the myuniversity website you can actually compare the above universities in terms of overall satisfication, employment, median salary, etc.for Business.

Dr.Dan

HSC
UTS is an excellent university for Business.

I just graduated from there and studied a double degree in business and I.T, majoring in accounting and business information systems respectively.
I am at ease now knowing I have secured a graduate position for next year however, in saying this, it would not have been possible without the flexibility of course structure that UTS offers.
I was able to complete certain subjects at certain times of the night as well as morning and compile up to 5 subjects per semester in this last year to finish before 2013. Also, I was able to work full-time in conjunction with university - allowing me to complete my degree with required experience!

It's also very practical! Most lecturers in accounting such as Anna Wright and Jonathan Tyler elucidate industry leading knowledge and teach you in the most practical way possible.

This is a very strong point to consider as you prepare yourself for graduate recruitment over the course of your studies.

Whilst you may just be starting out, it might be wise to consider the path you would like to pursue now as to guide your career and attain the most success possible.

I'm coaching people now and helping people in the upcoming graduate intake as well as new students as yourself who would like to learn the requirements of large company graduate employment: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=297536

shoot me an e-mail !

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Would switching from UTS to UNSW after 1 year make any differences to employment opportunities after your first job?

Dr.Dan

HSC
Would switching from UTS to UNSW after 1 year make any differences to employment opportunities after your first job?
Hell no.

that's a big waste right there.

Realistically, you should start working professionally whilst at Uni.

inJust

HSC
UNSW Finance Co-op > UTS B.Acc Coop > UNSW Accounting Co-op or other Co-ops > Commerce UNSW > Business or the normal accounting degree at UTS.

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends what aspect of business. For actuarial studies its macquarie/UNSW, for straight business/commerce its UNSW/UTS because of the business opportunities/co-op, although Macquarie isn't that bad in that regard (they have plenty of business links too)

Dr.Dan

HSC
UNSW Finance Co-op > UTS B.Acc Coop > UNSW Accounting Co-op or other Co-ops > Commerce UNSW > Business or the normal accounting degree at UTS.
Care to justify this?

Both universities have strong connections with employers. You haven't even entered into university yet you seem think you know a lot about it.

inJust

HSC
Care to justify this?

Both universities have strong connections with employers. You haven't even entered into university yet you seem think you know a lot about it.
Just to clarify, this is what I've heard.

Dr.Dan

HSC
Just to clarify, this is what I've heard.
Well that's a compelling argument...........

I'm aiming to get a cadetship at (hopefully) one of the Big 4.
Good luck with that!

If you don't get a cadetship there, I recommend looking on Seek.com.au for cadetships in mid-tier firms also.

Or, apply to a lot of them on here : http://www.kellypartners.com.au/files/media/BRW-Top-100-2011.pdf [top 100 accounting firms]

Working in a mid-tier firm is excellent because they give you more responsibilities than in a larger firm. I worked in a mid-tier as well as a large company during my studies and it works WONDERS on your resume.

If you need assistance with anything see the link in my sig. I'm only taking on a few more students.

is a roflcopter
HSC
you forgot com/law usyd and unsw which is at the top of the food chain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)