Which would you say is the best UWS (1 Viewer)

e=mc2

HSC
I know there is different course in all the UWS campuses. But i've enrolled in one and my friend is in a different place. I won't say which im in and which he is in...yet.

Can ya experienced folks say in order from best to worse UWS campuses there is. Best meaning hardest to get into or just the most, i don't know, favourable.

mishyma

HSC
if your living in sydney city, id say penrith and the hawksburry campus probably would be the biggest bitch to get to

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I've been to Bankstown and Parra. Bankstown is newer and has a nicer library (with a toilet inside and nice chairs) it is harder to get to though for most people as it is actually in Milperra. Parra has a nice new building which is sexy. It depends what you want to know.

L

LaraB

Parra's probably best as far as it's relatively central, on a direct train line then you just get a bus, or if you drive its just on vic road...

I'd say C'town is the worst as i live around blacktown so whether you drive or train it it's a pain coz you spend more time going back and forth athn you spend actually there...

Penrith has the nicest campus - altho, it's not generally used for teaching, more as an admin campus.. typical lol :p

Blacktown's close for me by car but a pain by train and not teh most attractive, plus it's not exclusively the uni so it ruins the whole uni experience a tad for me...

Never been to bankstown or westmead...

So yeah, i'd say Parra is the best, followed by the penrith campuses... maybe then blacktown... c'town or bankstown worst...

HSC
Depends on your course really. I'd go with paramatta, seems to be in higher demand than the others and easier to get to for alot of people..But also take into account where you live personally.

e=mc2

HSC
Thanks for the replies but you should put transport problems aside. I just wanted to know the order in demand/hard to get into wise.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
best: parra
worst: hawkesbury/campbelltown

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Campbelltown clearly has the nicest architecture. I drive past there often enough, it's a pleasure to look at. The other UWS's really don't have this advantage. Apart from that, I've got nothing.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
nah dont judge by cutoffs, even tho hawkesbery has low cutoffs its graduates r highly regarded n they usually get better marks than cambelltown( in my course at least anyway), parras prob the most regarded cos its more cityish, got business things and business = fast money imo..
erm apart from that campbelltown will get a boost of reputation and students bcos of the new bach of medicine, but hawkes n campbelltown r really far away so ppl rather go parra bankstown wateva so i rkn thats y the cutoffs there r higher.

L

LaraB

e=mc2 said:
Thanks for the replies but you should put transport problems aside. I just wanted to know the order in demand/hard to get into wise.

well... you asked what was most "favourable" - that involves transport.

If you want to know what is 'hardest' to get into, you need to say what course you will be doing because no one can tell you the ease of entry as relevant to you unless they know what course you're doing....?

Regardless of whether people are right or wrong to say parra has higher cut offs, parra may be totally irrelevant to you if your course doesn't run there...

Demandred

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Campbelltown clearly has the nicest architecture. I drive past there often enough, it's a pleasure to look at. The other UWS's really don't have this advantage. Apart from that, I've got nothing.
Yeah, I agree that C'town has some really shmick buildings, a lot better than Parra's Auswhitz style buildings :p.

pottsy44

HSC
every campus is fairly hard to get to by train/bus besides campbelltown (although campbelltown is pretty far from the city).

campbelltown looks the best, but parra and penrith are good too.

parra generally has higher cutoffs.

thats pretty much all i got.

L

LaraB

pottsy44 said:
every campus is fairly hard to get to by train/bus besides campbelltown (although campbelltown is pretty far from the city).
i find it funny peopel always say that lol...

It's a train to p arra station then any number of buses from one stand that come regularly -

its juts the same as most people do to get to unsw or usyd - it's weird howw with UWS people always say it's a pain to get to but its a train and a bus, or just a train if you wanna walk, just like most other places lol :)

e=mc2

HSC
LaraB said:
well... you asked what was most "favourable" - that involves transport.

If you want to know what is 'hardest' to get into, you need to say what course you will be doing because no one can tell you the ease of entry as relevant to you unless they know what course you're doing....?

Regardless of whether people are right or wrong to say parra has higher cut offs, parra may be totally irrelevant to you if your course doesn't run there...
Oh ok your right i'am truely sorry, next time i will take internet life in a forum more seriously. I apologise, wasting your precious time.

HSC
Campbeltown campus is the best looking!!! ;) Its like a splash of modern architecture into a green and natural landscape...LOL if that makes sense.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If by green and natural, you mean a whopping big mall, a grassy hill or two and a fatass, jam-packed, gridlock road, then yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)