• I don't really give a damn about the HSC

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Not feeling the pressure, but knowing that I should be

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Ok, in week 1 term 3 I have 7 (yes, 7!!!!) assessment tasks!!! This is so unfair!

I have:
-Biology assessment
-chemistry assignment
-Ex 1 Related Texts assignment
-Ex 1 Extended Composition assignment
-Ex 2 Report on Investigation
-Advanced English Telling the Truth Representation task
-Modern History assessment

The only subjects I don't have an assessment for in that week is adv and ex 1 maths.... and my trials are only in week 4 so that's only really 2 weeks later!

This was the date I had set to have completed a full draft of my entire major work and reflection statement (I have been doing drafts through out the year, I'm doing poetry so it's all in bits and pieces, but I haven't finished writing everything yet).....

I just feel like I am not going to be able to get this all done!!! This term I still have a biology assignment, an advanced maths test and a modern history essay on Germany to go!!!!! I have no idea how I am going to fit it all in.... I can tell I am going to have an absolutely FANTASTIC :( holidays....

Sometimes I just feel like I'm never going to get all this done and I will never get my work finished or turn it in to something I am happy with or proud of.... I also don't know how I'm going to get the UAI I want to get in to the courses I want......

Anyway, I've had my whinge.... Is anyone else drowning in work like this!! Come on, have a whinge as well, you know you want to join in!!!

chip

HSC
yeh i'd like to have a whinge too four assessments this week and like four in the last week of school in cluding two on the last day of school ...... what is this they cant have them at the beginning of the week ......

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
oooooooooh, a whinge panel... i LOVE it.

ok, before the end of term i have:

-Extension-1 Oral Assessment Task
-Ancient History Assessment (Unseen Q)
-Business Studies Case Study
-English Extension 2 Major Work Draft due
-History Extension Major Work Draft due
-History Extension Portfolio due

and first week back:
-Advanced English Assessment Task
-English Extension 2 Viva Voce

so its all FUN FUN FUN FUN

bah humbug.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
wow...thatz a lot of assessments b4 your trials......which is really unfair for students.

we have arleady finished our assessments and got nothing until our trials..which is during wk 4....i think that leaves students with more time to study..and hence become less stressed....

best of luck with your future assessments...(and to anione else for dat matter)...try not to stress....just take one assessments at a time...no pt in worrying abt all of them..cuz that just make u feel more stressed and then you end up getting nothing done..:)

truly in bliss

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I'm not feeling under pressure but know that I should be. :D

god, I'm not going to list all the assessments that I haven't done, or missed, or about to have; all happening while I was in hospital :mad1: . I'd have to shoot my head first :mad1:

chip

HSC
hahahaha i missed heaps of assessment whilst i was in hospital too....... ahahahaha........... on my report it had like 40 days absent or something.... that was a record for me

malayz_angel

Well the theory of our school-- don't know if this happens with the others-- is that we have to complete all assessments before the trials so that we can work for our HSC afterwards. And here's my list:

Just in the last few weeks and in the few weeks to come:

Advanced English collage and essay-- 15%
Modern History (in class) two essays--20% or something
Ancient History speech--10%
Maths test--30%
Ancient History Task again: Minoans
Modern History Task again: Arab-Israeli
Economics--30%
4u English Viva Voce
3u English assessment on The Big Sleep
English assessment task again
Must complete 4u English major work and journal
Must complete history extension major work and log
History extension proposal

And hopefully, I haven't forgotten any others :(

malayz_angel

Oh yeah and my trials start 4 August...the third week back term one. I just want to know...if the exams in August are what they call trials, wtf are the assessments? Tribulations?

captnbuttons

Whinging!? this is the best thead i've seen yet!
I am going on yr 12 retreat tomorrow and when i come back friday night guess what i have awaiting me?
- Advanced english transformations assesment
- extension 1 english crime fiction report
- 2 unit maths exam
-IPT multimedia major assignment
- Chemistry open ended investigation
- Extension 2 Viva voce was done just yesterday but i have to have my final final FINAL copy of my speech done by the end of lats weke of term for recording
- and AND i have a Studies of religion speech to do aswell

Would you believe all this occurs on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday of week 10?!! LOVELY! what an appropriate time to take yr 12 on camp :D *rolls eye*

Glad we can all winge together- i wish the HSC was tomorrow so we could all go off to our formals which i dream about every day and then party on for 4 months! :D

Procras_witfood

LOVE THIS...A WHINGING PANEL

Well, I'm 2/3 of the way through my hols and I've still got 3 assessments to do which means...

I have one week to do 3 assessments

Mod history Presentation and essay
Ext. 2 Report
Adv. English viewing and listening

A normal person would've done most of it by now, but I'm lazy and I had to write my Extension 2 Major Work.

Then I have trials 2 weeks later. I won't be sleeping, I think, until the night after my last HSC exam...

malayz_angel

I have eleven--yes eleven--assessments now that are due in the first two weeks. Okay, slightly exaggerating, I'm including class assignments as well. But STILL, I haven't started them yet and my trials are the third week :(

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
At our school there is a policy that we can't be given any assessment tasks that are due in the two weeks before our trials... don't know if that rule applies only to our school, but you may want to look in to it.

I still haven't finished all my assignments, and I've been working quite solidly over the hols. I have done no where near the amount of work I was planning on getting done though.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
its great to be able to whinge with other ext2's... coz no one us understands us like we do each other!

so yeah, right now, im doing some work on my major work (obviously, hence the reason i am here, and not working on my major work). I took the entire first week of the holidays off and did nothing but spend time with my neglected family members and family pet... however i spent all day yesterday and today working on my extension History "major work", i'm spending tonight doing some English Ext2 work (i've gone past the level of being stressed about it... it must be some kind of circle-cycle, because now i'm feeling eerily calm about the whole damn thing), tomorrow i am catching up on a lot of Ancient History I missed in the last three weeks of term, due to excessive amounts of "accidental absences" from school... basically, everything is in preparation for four assessments first week back: 2u english essay task (1984), 4unit english viva voce, 2unit history assessment task (Egypt) and 3unit history assessment task (Vietnam).

so life is full of fun and games.

here ends my whinge for the week.

chip

HSC
yes i also have four assessments due in the first week and i also took the entire first week off and now i'm hardly motivated to work but i'm forcing myself so oh well

it'll be over soon

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It is so true... nobody understands like other extension 2 people lol. Most others just think we are crazy lol.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
They are probably too calculating.... hahahahahaaaaaa!!!! See... Extension 2 students just own any jokes that involve manipulating words!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)