Who actually manages to finish assessments before the due date? (1 Viewer)

lizzobeth

HSC
No matter what I say to myself, I always end up pulling an all-nighter, rushing to finish an assessment on the day that it's due. It's the only way I know how, I can't actually remember a time when I finished an assessment before it was due. It's really bad so I'm wondering, are there other people out there who do the same thing?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
No matter what I say to myself, I always end up pulling an all-nighter, rushing to finish an assessment on the day that it's due. It's the only way I know how, I can't actually remember a time when I finished an assessment before it was due. It's really bad so I'm wondering, are there other people out there who do the same thing?
You could try starting assessments early to avoid all-nighters.

leehuan

HSC
Stop doing whatever takes up so much of your time. I, having been in the gamer's seat before, had to put all of that aside to get a proper start on my tasks.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I'm going to try be explicit and avoid sounding like a bitch. But you have 3 subjects/6Us, which is around 4-6Us less than a normal HSC student, I understand there may be various reasons you are doing pathway.

But from the sounds of it, you lack awareness of the time you could've been using to work on your assignments and you're unorganised to the point you leave them to the very end. I think you need to sit down and write all the reasons you're leaving your work until on the day and to be honest as to what you're doing during the time you could've been working on an assignment.

Wingiam

HSC
I do too!! eheh...it's not good though, and I figured out that I get too sidetracked and procrastinate most of the time which is the main reason for this. I think i'm going to have to make a technique for myself so that i won't be able to get distracted. I'm currently trying to eliminate all thoughts from my head of games and trying to keep up with my time plans that I have set up like the one for my D&T major. Try creating a timetable for when you want to finish this piece of work by and pretend that is the actual due date for the work. In essence you are tricking yourself into working hard into finishing early....Good talk

StudiousStudent

HSC
I currently have 4 assessments on the go.

Some are due on the same day, others are a week apart. Prioritise them based on the due date.

Ideally you should be chipping away at each of them. Even if you answer 1 question per day for each assignment.

Personally I like to start on them within 1 week of receiving them, as this allows me time to draft and seek feedback from my teachers. By doing this, receiving a better mark is almost guaranteed.

That's not to say I don't work on them the night before though. The work has already been done, but I just go over the finer details.

A quick skim read, checking I've referenced in text, tick off the criteria I'm being assessed on, if it's a speech - rehearsing to ensure I'm under the time limit.

I have to stay up until midnight each night - not because of the difficulty of the work, but because my cohort are high performers, and that's how long it takes me to stay on top of all of my work, and surpass them.

You get out what you put in.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I always liked to at least get a draft going pretty early on, and finish it like 3-4 days before the due date if possible. It is so helpful to get feedback from teachers before it's due.

But during the times when I had 5-7 assignments all due in the same week I just made sure I spread my time across all of them so that way I didn't have one that I hadn't started until the night before it was due.

swagmeister

HSC
To be honest there were many times when I did the same thing - it worked out fine, but it is a bit risky

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
To be honest there were many times when I did the same thing - it worked out fine, but it is a bit risky
Yeah, I know so many people who legit would do them at 2am and still get straight Bs (even some As)

Then some would do the same and fail everything lol

The Head Teacher of the Eng/His Faculty at my school (who for the record is a very intelligent, hard-working woman) always said that in uni she did her essays last minute but because she was a strong writer she'd always get decent marks

Just depends on the person. You know your capabilities.

swagmeister

HSC
Yeah, I know so many people who legit would do them at 2am and still get straight Bs (even some As)

Then some would do the same and fail everything lol

The Head Teacher of the Eng/His Faculty at my school (who for the record is a very intelligent, hard-working woman) always said that in uni she did her essays last minute but because she was a strong writer she'd always get decent marks

Just depends on the person. You know your capabilities.
The English assessment I did best in throughout the whole year from my recall was the one where I did it most last minute - that's English though, the sketchiest and most subjective subject in my opinion

Heck even business studies I ran out of time to sort out all of my operations notes cause I still had to learn part of global marketing strategies the day before the exam yet I was stoked with my mark

Definitely depends on the person - I reckon it's not the best idea though, but you do get the mental incentive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)