who cant wait for eurovision 2004?! (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by super katie
eurovision is the 15th of may... not sure when its going to be aired though. God I really hated tatu because they were bitches about the german singer. And the german song was classic, absolutely fantastic. I think most of them were great in their own right but Belgium, Russia and England pissed me off heaps. Belgium was just weird... the whole made up language and weird hand gestures freaked me out
Belgium's was mad! nice and original, though a bit repetitive.

Were the Russian's really actually bitchy about Germany's effort? Never heard anyhthing about that...

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I hope they have abba performing, i've heard the rumours i just hope they turn out to be true. I'd love to hear the wogan version too, the aussie guy is so annoying

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
From wot i can remember from last yr, Estonia was hell good, Latvia alrite, Deutschland-gay(literally) lyrics, nice tune/melody tho, lol :D

Seabiscuit

HSC
Originally posted by chepas
Voil, countdown to the apocalypse -

Sunday 16th May, 7.30pm: ESC 2004 Final - 3 Hour

Woohoo!! Eurovision is on my Birthday!!! :) :) :) :)

chepas

HSC
Woah! What a happy day! *Quote "Let's Get Happy" lyrics from Germany above* :p.. only 26 days to go! (that's if maths doesn't fail me). I'm waiting for the titles and people singing them to be released!!! Dying of curiosity.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I know germanys was pretty gay but I dont know it just made me so happy! Belgium... ok i'll give you that it was original but it still annoyed the hell out of me. Estonia had the best grasp of english out of all of the bands and latvia just kicked ass. And their little intro where did you get the idea for this song? "from mars" just killed me. I still love the ukranian boxer that sang the hasta la vista baby song though he was fantastic!

chepas

HSC
Ukraine - yeah of course!! Haha. "When heaven comes so down to Earth to say hello from Mars." <- pure gold :D. I love that they still keep their accents a bit when they sing in English. It's good.

Still stand loyal to Bosnia and their effort last year. Sickness. Catchyness 113%. Douze points!

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
I loved Euro vision last yr and now I'm hooked~~~ but the actual results take another 2 hours of watching :(

chepas

HSC
Shall be worse this year, with a semifinal AND a final! 5-6 hours of it "Croatia, 4 point, la Croatie, 4 points"! Tis half the fun though! The awkward mechanical English banter...

I have already found my favourite - Bosnia again:

"I'm lying, I'm late,
I'm losing my weight,
because I want to dance all night,
because I want to stay all night,
in the disco,
in the disco." - !!!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
They're repeating the junior eurovision on saturday I think. Poland was... i swear she was high or something. I loved how it was compulsory to sing in your native tongue, that was fantastic. Although the commentator annoyed the hell out of me.

chepas

HSC
Just watching the Junior ESC today... How funny is it! The funny thing (lots of them) is that all of them sang in tune, which is more than we can say for the UK last year in the old people's contest!

They were all really horribly catchy, moreso than the 'real' one I reckon!!! I wish we could get the CD and the merchandise, lol!!! I reckon it'd make an excellent gag gift.

Gawd how annoying is the Aussie commentator guy!!!!!! Such a friggin Terry WOgan wannabe (like, yeah, like, whatever. haha)

7 DAYS TILL THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by chepas
"I'm lying, I'm late,
I'm losing my weight,
because I want to dance all night,
because I want to stay all night,
in the disco,
in the disco." - !!!
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
oh! the website for Eurovision 2004 is up now and you can see all the contestents and the lyrics for their songs. There are way too many singing in english :( I wish they would sing in their native language. And I hope the guy from England can sing in tune this year...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmm im kinda confused.. so its kinda like an idol thing where they get voted out week by week?
is it the same person singing every week or different..
the german lady was sooo creepy how did she get so many votes (wasnt she like 3rd or something?)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
hmm im kinda confused.. so its kinda like an idol thing where they get voted out week by week?
the german lady was sooo creepy how did she get so many votes (wasnt she like 3rd or something?)
gah dont compare it to idol. There would be no idol if america were allowed in eurovision. Eurovision is like one big concert and people in all the countries involved call up and vote for their favourite country and according to how many phone calls are received, points are given to the contestants. You cant vote for your own country and only points are given to 10 countries. bah. i'm so bad at explaining things. I think the website offers a better explanation... http://www.eurovision.tv/english/index.htm just watch it... seriously its like being in an incredibly funky time warp :D

chepas

HSC
There are way too many singing in english :( I wish they would sing in their native language. And I hope the guy from England can sing in tune this year...
I know!!!! Half the fun is memorising the foreign language lyrics and singing them at the top of your lungs in awkward silences. :rolleyes: England's Junior Eurovision was in tune, but the song just sucked.

Originally posted by cro_angel
I'm with katie... NEVER compare it to Idol!!!! Now, ten hail marys and a splash of the holy water for that!!!! It's actually a 'contest' not this gay election thing that the idol is.

They've changed the voting procedure/whole competition procedure majorly this year, now with a semi-final and a final, completely new, whereas before it was just one night, one concert. There was a really good history called esc_history.pdf or esc_story.pdf around on the net somewhere that explained all the diff procedures since its inception in 1950whatever, a bit tedious reading but interesting.... maybe run a search for it on altavista or something. I can't figure out how to upload stuff on here (can you at all?) so :(

It's basically ^^^. Half the thing ends up being the call around to the billion and a half countries to find out 'Ze resahlts to de telefote'.

The German lady was fab! That was one of the best non-sensical songs. I liked the little expos they did on Rove after the airing, and the fat blond guy that goes on it sometimes (Pete or something?!?!?) said something that she was a cross between Pauline Hanson and Hi5..... funny!

Another really excellent comprehensive site - www.jcwchan.clara.net/junioreurovision03.htm - tones of back info and info in getting CDs (!), DVDs and other paraphernalia.

Let's get happy!!! It's here soon!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
i have the cd of Eurovision 2003 :p its fantastic!
How & where did u get it? I haven't seen it in ne of the shops here (sydney).

Or did u download it??;)

chepas

HSC
All of em are downloadable, but still special to have the CD :D

eBay - or amazon.co.uk/.fr/.de... according to the SBS website the CD and DVD for 2004 will actually get an AUssie release.

OK

Those who saw last year for Eurovision 03, what was your favourite? Haha...

For moi, a toss between Latvia's "Hello from Mars", Germany's "Let's Get Happy" and Bosnia's "Ne brini"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)