Who despises english advanced already? (1 Viewer)

smurkie

HSC
English Adv. is really annoying and hard. I find that English Ext. is so much easier. There is more freedom for thought and I find it so much more interesting than looking at say Eliot. Plus, I get better marks in Ext.

flowergrl

HSC
smurkie said:
English Adv. is really annoying and hard. I find that English Ext. is so much easier. There is more freedom for thought and I find it so much more interesting than looking at say Eliot. Plus, I get better marks in Ext.
omg, if i had a choice between adv and ext 1 eng, i'd choose the latter.

english should die.

i mean, we don't go out into society and start analyzing texts!!!!!!!!!! it doesn't actually prepare us for anything- who made the syllabus anyway?

you have to conform to the HSC ways and be another clone.:mad1:

essays should burn.

IceOnFire

HSC
flowergrl said:
omg, if i had a choice between adv and ext 1 eng, i'd choose the latter.

english should die.

i mean, we don't go out into society and start analyzing texts!!!!!!!!!! it doesn't actually prepare us for anything- who made the syllabus anyway?

you have to conform to the HSC ways and be another clone.:mad1:

essays should burn.
I like you..:)

mrzeidan1 said:
maths > sciences > humanities > english
It should be Humanities > Maths > Sciences > English <---- :chainsaw:

Lani89

HSC
I came 5th in my year for year 10 advanced english but now english has become stupid plus my teacher hates me all because i stuffed up 2 assessments. She also ranks us by reading out 1st 2nd and 3rd for each assessment which makes the rest of us feel crap.

fishy89sg

HSC
Lani89 said:
She also ranks us by reading out 1st 2nd and 3rd for each assessment which makes the rest of us feel crap.
LOL reminds me of my economics teacher

"it's good to know what rank you are in amongst yourselves"

on topic:

yes it is gay, but it must be done guys! w00t

Niksta123

HSC
I totally do! anyone ever heard of robert gray and his god damn boring poetry? arghh!! its so lame and boring and just time wasting!

and wat about maestro and my life as a dog LAME!

has anyone ever heard of these titles or is my school the only 1 who does them??!

IceOnFire

HSC
The worst thing about english is that it will be counted in our 10 units to our UAI..:(
  • UAI courses comprising:
  • their best two units of English; and
  • their best eight units from their remaining units, which can include up to two units of Category B courses.
So you got to do good in English to get a good UAI.. now work hard pplz!!

Niksta123

HSC
i had my prelims for english last week on monday and tuesday, we had 1 exam for 2 hours each day...what topics are yours on?

IceOnFire

HSC
Area of Study - Change
Modules - Close study of a text: Tulip Fever (I actually enjoyed this book, and for
those who have read it, no, I did not enjoy it because of some specific
parts. :p)
- Comparison between texts (Whatever its called): Othello and Primary
Colours. We need to compare to show the Art of Deception.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Niksta123 said:
i had my prelims for english last week on monday and tuesday, we had 1 exam for 2 hours each day...what topics are yours on?
Same here. Our first exam tomorrow is on our Area of Study, which is Relationships, and the text is Snow Falling on Cedars, and our second paper is on our modules, and the texts will be Othello, Spy Game and The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, and three of Robert Frost's poems.

ane_st

HSC
Do remember that the topicss you do relate to Eng Advanced in yr12.. if you dont like them then drop down to standard... English is an easy subject to bullshit it... I did shit in preliminary since i didnt like the modules... But in yr12 they're SO much better (in my opinion)...

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Good luck for your exams kathrynso and SoulSearcher :) Fingers crossed that you'd not stuff up like I did >.o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)