• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who do you think is the Greatest Australian Prime Minister? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Yes! I'm free from exams, in the meanwhile.

Damn you for quoting my mistake! Grrr....

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
^I particularly enjoy his nessecary legislation on the "home front" (as well as his introduction of all these war terms into the general vocabulary). Those sedition laws, shoot-to-kill powers, anti-free speech laws and such are all so completely nessecary and useful for our terrorist filled society. Thank God Howard has been our Prime Minister since 2001, because only his reckless indifference for all things just could protect us from the scary Indonesian terrorists that I see trying to kill our babies each and every single day.

I'll be fair though - the ALP were just as moronic for supporting the legislation. Go the ALP! Fight for social justice!

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
John Howard, for making Australia a better place than ever before and supporting the war on terror.
war on terror? how's that going?
too bad that it was the "war on terror" that has seen and is going to see the end of all those who supported it.
bush=gone
blair=gone
howard=gone
and mind you all three are experiencing their lowest ever approval ratings

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
war on terror? how's that going?
too bad that it was the "war on terror" that has seen and is going to see the end of all those who supported it.
bush=gone
blair=gone
howard=gone
and mind you all three are experiencing their lowest ever approval ratings
Um, I'm pretty sure you're just making shit up. Howard's has lower approval rating in the past 10 yrs, not sure about Blair though. Howard will probably win this elections, Iraq is NOT an issue and I think most people would prefer a tough stance on Muslim terrorists within our borders.

Blair - from the British left - resigned on his terms anyway, hardly a victory for anti-war campaigners.

Bush is a huge idiot and probably would have self-destructed without the war in Iraq.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No, I completely agree that Iraq made Blair's stepping aside unavoidable. Had times been good, like they have been for Howard, he could have escaped promises made to [Brown] the proverbial Keating/Costello.

Bush doesnt matter. He got his two terms. It's the republican party which will pay, that's why theyre desporate to evoke Reagan smash, while avoiding Bush like the proverbial Keating.

The Iraq perversion aside, the war on global terrorism was one that needed attention, and is containing threats quite well. Just like the proverbial Keating contained interest rates and inflation before an ungrateful public transplanted that legacy to the other team while the rightful heirs furrowed their brows.

spiny norman

HSC
John Curtin would be the best.

After him would be Andrew Fisher, Ben Chifley, Robert Menzies (the second time), Gough Whitlam and Paul Keating.

Justin

HSC
There has never been a great Australian Prime Minister.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
Whoever removed White Australia policy was the worst PM
Goughhhhhhh lol (agreed)

jimmayyy

HSC
Nousiainen said:
Whitlam was definitely our greatest and most respectable leader.
he was an arrogant, lying scumbag. i cannot believe so many people have said him.

people seem to be looking past PM's like Hughs, Curtain, Chifley, Menzies. in their time, they did great things. maybe because they are removed from our context we don't associate them with greatness.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Sir Robert Menzies the greatest politician in history!!!

Most influential PM: tossing between johnny howard, Whitlam

dumbest PM: Keating (he deserves this honorable title) :rofl:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
R G Menzies nearly usurp'd Churchill during WWII and became British PM. Only to return to Australia and reisgn.
I love him.

jimmayyy

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
As are all politicians. Next plz.
disgressing totally, tonights report is one of the greatest. the word is fucking hilarious make sure you watch it

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Peter Costello, for his....oh wait, he's still not PM. Poor guy... dw Costello, you'll get to be PM one day- Howard 'promises'.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
jimmayyy said:
disgressing totally, tonights report is one of the greatest. the word is fucking hilarious make sure you watch it
meaning Monday night? Just making sure (not that I ever miss an episode).

Colbert throwing his chair around, thrashing about on his desk at the sight on Bob Barker last week was one of the funniest things I've seen on that show in weeks. I couldn't control myself for about five minutes afterwards.

I love that show. :eek:

Atilla89

HSC
John Howard - I fully expect to be roasted over this but bring it on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)