• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who does senior geography:D (1 Viewer)

huhwotsthis

HSC
I heard it's pretty unpopular in senior years. I guess people want to get rid of it. Anyway I do it and I find it pretty decent. Anyone else think it's a lot better than year 7-10?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
more people want to do buisness studies and legal studies instead of geography.

Also, at selective schools, a lot of people do economics because it's good to do a HSIE subject and economics is the best scaling HSIE subject.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I didn't particularly enjoy geography in Year 10 so I didn't end up pursuing it.

huhwotsthis

HSC
Foram, lol. I do business and legal as well, and I would have chose eco over geo if my school wasn't so crap grr.

cs01001

HSC
huhwotsthis said:
Foram, lol. I do business and legal as well, and I would have chose eco over geo if my school wasn't so crap grr.
I do both Geography and Economics. Absolutely love them both, though I admit I still like Economics better. Preliminary Geo was awful but gets much better in HSC. The 3 topics you do are Ecosystem at Risk, Urban Places and People and Economic activity.

Geography isn't as boring as what people perceive it to be, it is the horrible syllabus in junior years that made it unpopular.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I hated Geography - but I still think it's a worthwhile subject.

KhyryKay

HSC
I enjoy it much more then 7-10

but my teacher is awesome.
and we just got back recently from Mount Kozzi for our case study. lol =]

bored of sc

HSC
For me, the skills and sciency side to it was great but its the annoying essays and humanity-related subject matter that bugged me.

That project you have to do sounds FUN! What are the restrictions/limitations as far as choosing you projects theme/topic?

huhwotsthis

HSC
SGP SUCKS!

It's pretty broad. There seems to be a lot of variation between my classes ideas. Mine is about fuel efficieny/carbon emmisions.

KhyryKay

HSC
SGP

i did mine the night before,

and got almost full marks for it.

seriously, its one of the easist things in the world. lol

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
i liked geography in junior years but the topics in the senior years didn't sound good

bored of sc

HSC
KhyryKay said:
SGP

i did mine the night before,

and got almost full marks for it.

seriously, its one of the easist things in the world. lol
well done - you have an obvious aptitude for the subject

D

Dell =P

i like senior geo better then 7-10 ! less skills is awesome and the essay writing is easy... as for the SGP try and pick a topic that involves a lot of fieldwork ... i was ranked 1st last year and still am 1st this year its pretty easy once you know all the content

huhwotsthis

HSC
So, I should have chosen chemistry in that like because my ranks/marks would be horrible, essentially lowering my UAI?

Last edited:

shoutoutloud

HSC
huhwotsthis said:
I heard it's pretty unpopular in senior years. I guess people want to get rid of it. Anyway I do it and I find it pretty decent. Anyone else think it's a lot better than year 7-10?
I believe that senior geog is much more apealing in senior years.

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
im not particularly interested in geog, but it was the only decent thing on the line besides bio, but i didn't want to be doing 6 units of science. my sgp is going along the lines of 'rural decline'

Bree.Leigh

HSC
Im doing senior geography, it's definetely not as boring as years 7-10
im not looking forward to the SGP .. senior geo project,, its gonna take all of term 2 to do ive been told :S

adrian597

HSC
i do business eco and geog.. business isnt the best geog is at least satisfying but eco is by far the best subject of all! Geog is getting better now compared to year 10 but im in a very small class so its easier for everything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)