• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who drinks loads of energy drinks/coffee to study? (1 Viewer)

AmySMH

HSC
N/A
It's the media's role to report on what is happening in the community.

Rawf

HSC
Way to ruin my joke, haha nah I know. :p

I don't drink but maybe they have other questions. xD Still waiting for a reply lol.
Idk if I should do it... I don't wanna end up getting my school bad publicity or myself haha (i'll probs end up saying something stupid and the media can obviously twist that to make it sound terrible).

mickstarify

HSC
Well I consume so much caffeine that I might aswell intravenously injected myself with it. Energy drinks are good to get the concentration & focus up for a few hours but after that I crash. Though I think I've built a strong tolerance/dependancy to caffeine which is bad (my morning coffee is useless!), I'll probably go into withdrawal after HSC

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Love a good coffee, only ever had 2 energy drinks in my life. (Don't need that much energy)

But a good strong coffee in the morning or arvo does the trick to get me moving/studying well. Usually a regular coffee, but the occassional double espresso don't hurt :p

One thing I did learn is not to have caffeine on the day of an exam, for some reason it caused me to become extremely anxious, whereas any other day I'm perfectly fine and settled.

Aysce

HSC
Love a good coffee, only ever had 2 energy drinks in my life. (Don't need that much energy)

But a good strong coffee in the morning or arvo does the trick to get me moving/studying well. Usually a regular coffee, but the occassional double espresso don't hurt :p

One thing I did learn is not to have caffeine on the day of an exam, for some reason it caused me to become extremely anxious, whereas any other day I'm perfectly fine and settled.
Yes, steer away from coffee in this situation. I am also a coffee fanatic but when I drink it during exams, I get very very nervous and become nauseous for a few solid minutes.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I find that suspicion over energy drinks quite odd.

Provided that you don't go crazy, then it's essentially equivalent to coffee. The health issues start when people start drinking them like regular soft drinks.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Never drink energy drinks or coffee. Tea gets me through - exercise works for me - a 30 minute walk per day is great for maintaining concentration. I'd only have a coffee on the morning before an exam to get me going

seanieg89

HSC
Coffee is my lifeblood. Have used energy drinks many times and dex a couple of times but I think that being healthy trumps pretty much any substance when it comes to getting work done at a consistent rate.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I regularly drink coffee and have an energy drink every day or so nearing exam period/assignments. All-nighters are fuelled by energy drinks.

Though I admit that on a fair few occasions, I have had 2-3 cans in a day.

Current stash:

IMG_20120917_204243.jpg

IMG_20121010_153249.jpg

(Ignore the gum, the photo was originally for another purpose).

But I admit that I am constantly chewing on gum whilst studying.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Yes, steer away from coffee in this situation. I am also a coffee fanatic but when I drink it during exams, I get very very nervous and become nauseous for a few solid minutes.
I pop caffeine pills like a drug addict around exam periods. AHAHAHAAHAH.

I'm pretty psycho during my exam days though.

freeeeee

HSC
i take beroca, maybe drink some sort of soft drink a day with caffiene when writing an essay on computer (i find it helps and gives me an edge when going through my information on my desk and researching figures on the net for economic essays)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
I regularly drink coffee and have an energy drink every day or so nearing exam period/assignments. All-nighters are fuelled by energy drinks.

Though I admit that on a fair few occasions, I have had 2-3 cans in a day.

Current stash:

View attachment 26626

View attachment 26627

(Ignore the gum, the photo was originally for another purpose).

But I admit that I am constantly chewing on gum whilst studying.
I always chew gum while studying and during exams. Its seems to calm the nerves during exams

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
100 tablet No Doz pill bottle costs $14 online; while a 24 pack (or is it 20?) costs about $6 from Coles/Woolworths.

ka1994

HSC
Just gonna take a tablet of Xanax and walk into the exam room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)